Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this gem about 2 weeks ago. I bought it because it was very clean for a Midwest car (michigan). I also bought it knowing it had some mechanical issues. It had a pretty bad misfire but assumed it would be something simple. I was very wrong! Swapped the usual: plugs, cap, rotor, and wires. Made no difference. Ran compression and noticed cylinder 2 had maybe 30psi. Poured a bit of oil in the cylinder and ran compression again. No change. So I figured the rings were probably okay. Pulled the head and found a hole in the the #2 cylinder exhaust valve. There's my compression loss. I knew I could find a used head for less than it would cost to repair mine so the hunt was on. Couldn't find a d15b8 head close but I did find a d15b7 16 valve head. I had 4 valve relief pistons so I was good to go. Installed the new head, head gasket, injectors, p06 ecu and 4 wire o2 sensor from an eg civic dx with the d15b7. The car is still running the same as it did before. Starts right up, idles high but unaware of the rpm because no tach, it surges, motor shakes, smoke from exhaust (appears to be blue) and reeks of fuel. No cel and the light works. I'm guessing there must have been some other underlying issue besides the hole in the valve. I've set and reset the timing multiple times and it makes no difference. I'm clueless to what's wrong and it's driving me insane. I took a video but can't seem to upload via tapatalk from my iPhone. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I live in southeast michigan/detroit area. If anybody is nearby and wants to come take a look I will compensate with delicious tasty beer and conversation haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts