Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, never posted my car online so hoping for some supportive comments, but constructive criticism is nice too.

Exterior:
New pearl purple paintjob
Xenon Body kit
17" Eagle alloys
Carbon creations hood
One piece sonar headlights
JDM black taillights
JDM Side markers

Suspension:
Skunk2 Racing shocks
Blackworks anodized control arms
2" Eibach lowering springs
Front and rear strut bars

Engine:
Rebuilt D15B
Forged rods
Forged pistons
Ram horn turbo manifold
3" down pipe w/ 2.5" custom made Y-pipe exhaust
Crower stage 2 camshaft
Skunk2 Valve springs
Hondata S300
Garrett t3/t4 turbo .54
AEM fuel rail (not in yet)
MSD distributor cap (not in and hasn't shown up yet)
HKS EVC4 electronic boost controller (not in)
Stage 4 Clutchmasters clutch
HKS Intercooler w/ new aluminum piping
HKS blow off valve
Tial 55mm external wastegate (recirculated)
Energy suspension urethane motor mount
Fuel pressure regulator

Interior:
Not much, just a tach boost, a/f and a momo steering wheel.

Never had it dynoed yet, and my boost controller isn't in yet. It has been tuned by the previous owner, but a lot of work was done by me afterwards. It free boosts anywhere from 12-18psi and it flies. Not to sure on how much whp/tq it has but guesses are welcome. Thinking of setting my high boost at 20psi, and low at 10psi. Might have forgot a few things in the car, but for the most part thats pretty much it. Here's a few pics.

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
Not everybody's cup of tea but if it's what you like, more power to you! Any ripper vids?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not everybody's cup of tea but if it's what you like, more power to you! Any ripper vids?
Oh for sure, I know people that hate it because it's a SOHC civic, but I love it. I don't have any vids yet, i'll have to grab a buddy to come with me to film it one of these days. Easily lay 20 feet of rubber off the line if launched right.:santa:
That thing is gnarly !
Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoping for atleast 250hp when i get itdynoed. I've managed to smoke a 92 corvette with a 427 :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hoping for atleast 250hp when i get itdynoed. I've managed to smoke a 92 corvette with a 427 :p
Question. So You have not got it dyno tuned yet, your not sure what kind of power its putting down, and the person you bought it from said he or she tuned it? I would not be racing anything right now. play it safe and get it tuned, then have fun with it. I have seen to many motors go "BOOM" from situations like that. Just my 2 cents. On topic tho I like the car, something a little different. Keep up the man and Welcome to DSERIES.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good but whats up w the headlights n some body kits? Nothing to hate honestly the color is amazing, what color are they?
Clarify? What do you mean what's up with them? :chef:
Question. So You have not got it dyno tuned yet, your not sure what kind of power its putting down, and the person you bought it from said he or she tuned it? I would not be racing anything right now. play it safe and get it tuned, then have fun with it. I have seen to many motors go "BOOM" from situations like that. Just my 2 cents. On topic tho I like the car, something a little different. Keep up the man and Welcome to DSERIES.
I hear you, i've had the car for about a year and haven't had any problems. I'm getting a tune within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I think this car would look neat with some smaller wheels and a ton more low. IDK why but something about shredding fiberglass on pavement really appeals to me. :)

Welcome to the DSO OP !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seals in my turbo just went. Guess I got what I paid for 200$ less then a year ago, any ideas for a new turbo? budget is around 1500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts