Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new civic.It has the stock D15..(have to check tomorrow for the end) 1.5 16 valves engine,low KM.
CEL is always on.When the engine is cold it's running fine but it gets to normal temp(hot) it has problems accelerating for a bit,then it is ok.
Should i mention that a new head got put on about 1 month ago?

Where should i start looking?

Also i notice when i put the turn signal the CEL is kind of lightly blinking with it.

Could it be a bad ground connection?

Beside that the car is next to mint condition.

I've search on the forms and did not find anything beside 2-3 more person with similar problems...Anyone could help a bro out?

Thank in advance.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
02 (oxygen) sensor would be my first guess. Ive had one go bad a few times and it acted like that.

·
Registered
646 Posts
First off, I would check what your CEL code(s) are. Then, I would go through and check your ignition system with a multi-meter. This will eliminate quite a few things. It might even find your problem for you. I was having this same problem so I decided to check all my ignition components. I started with the dizzy by check the coil and ignitor. My coil had some build up on it so I went ahead and replaced it anyways. This didn't fix my problem because evyerthing still tested out fine and I was still getting a miss at low rpm's/idle when warm. It turned out my problem was some sh***y plug wires and plugs that was causing my problem. I went out and replaced them with OEM plugs and wires and that fixed my problem. I hope this helps you out some.

Black91CRXsi, why do you think his miss could be the O2 sensor? I would think that the O2 sensor being bad would only cause a change in gas mileage. Of course the CEL could be for the bad O2 sensor, but when I had my miss I wasn't throwing any codes at all.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
When my sensor went bad, it didnt act like that, but when my spark plugs went bad it did. Minus the hot cold talk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts