Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Honda team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 1994 Honda Civic DX, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this corolla, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $5,950 and it has 25000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel Motor vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
4d EG manual rack/trans low n slow
282 Posts
Depends on why it needed a salvage title, sometimes it's because it went to a junkyard for not running, other times it's because of serious accident with extensive damage repairs. Do a motor vehicle report and see what the details are, but I usually consider salvage title cars to be 30% of whatever blue book is for a standard title car. Personally I wouldn't spend that for a salvage Honda.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,873 Posts
sometimes theyre stolen and recovered and claimed salvage. hell, it could have been in a flood

1 - 3 of 3 Posts