Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here is the deal i just picked up a a 1994 civic dx bone stock 5spd for 400.
Only problem is that the rod bearings are shot.
My question is Could i throw in a full y8 (with IM and harness) and use a non chipped p28?
--I know it will bolt up but what about wiring altenator plugs shock towerr??
------the only thing i do know is that i will need a b7 dizzy or a converted obd2
Also incase i cant use the y8 harness would a z6 harness plug up?
-- if needed i got 2 b7 harneses i could strip for plugs

I want to do all of this so i can drive it while i build up a D15b7 pnp'd with an a6 cam and y8 IM (a build i have been wanting to do)

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
It will. You'll need a tune and to convert your P06 into a VTEC ECU or get a P28 and get the car tuned.

No, you can't not tune the car. A P06 and P28 will both have way too much ignition timing to run the Y8 correctly, and with a stock P28, VTEC will be set way too high.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i i used my z6 head on the y8 block with the Z6 IM and harness would that fix the ignition timing?

I want to save my tuning funds for my other build if possiable

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
We are ignoring you intentionally.

Stop wasting money doing two things at once. If you don't need a new engine in the car, then finish your other build first instead of using time and money to put together something without setting money aside for tuning it so it doesn't run worse than what you have now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts