Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey everyone here is my 1993 Honda Civic that I’m starting to build . I will post updates as I go but if you want you can watch my vid and many more to come. Thanks everyone this is my first Honda so bare with me .

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

I'm glad you said you're changing the engine. It could be just poor audio quality on my end but something sounds very wrong...

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
Oh yea, she's down at least 1 or 2 cylinders. It should not sound like that. The clutch sounds like its slipping as well, unless it's being feathered in between shifts for some reason.

What plans do you have for the car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve had people say it’s me being down a couple cylinders but I also have had people say it’s a really bad mis fire because my distributor is old and needs to be replaced. Either way it doesn’t matter I’m taking out the old motor and tranny and swapping for a d series with VTEC. Also my clutch is slipping very bad and the guy I bought it from told me when I bought it the clutch was gonna need to be replaced. She’s a work in a progress it’s gonna take a little bit but just wait until it’s done .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B

Hey everyone here is my 1993 Honda Civic that I’m starting to build . I will post updates as I go but if you want you can watch my vid and many more to come. Thanks everyone this is my first Honda so bare with me .
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

I'm glad you said you're changing the engine. It could be just poor audio quality on my end but something sounds very wrong...
If you listen with headphones it makes the sound quality better from what I have noticed. My motor has a really bad misfire because Of my bad distributor. She has 260k so she’s a little tired. So I’m gonna bring it back to life. I’m open to any suggestions or advice. I won’t get offended

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh it’s definitely more than a misfire. You don’t develop nasty tapping from just misfiring.

What d are you planning on dropping in?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DI5-B with duel stage VTEC. Just waiting until I get my new truck so it isn’t the daily driver anymore . And I’m not disagreeing that I have more going on. I’m just doing what I can with this motor for the time being. She burns 4 quarts every 3 weeks ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well, how much mileage are you doing in those three weeks? If you’re doing 1000 miles a week then you’re not doing so bad...

D15b’s are fine. I guess it really all depends on where you want this project to go.You’ve probably heard this a million times but take a look at a b series if you haven’t yet. Cheap as dirt and they basically bolt right into those civics (d15b are expensive as hell where I am, not sure about you). Obviously there’s something to be said about staying d, but it’s just something else to think about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts