Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the hatch and it was sprayed with plastidip. Never would I spray that @&**#!!$ on anything, genuine pain to remove.

Motor vehicle Red Vehicle door Vehicle Car

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Hatchback
It ran great, ac worked and the dash was perfect. But everything else needed help!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Hatchback Land vehicle Vehicle Car Suzuki Hatchback
Slowly but shirley she was coming around.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
After a long while working out the dents. And stripping the plastidip. The roof had a tree limb fall on it and that was fun popping out. It was the middle of summer over 110 degrees Fahrenheit or 43c. And 10 lbs of dry ice. That was pretty cool, no really that hot roof and the shock of the dry ice and
cur -pow out came the major parts of the dents.

Attachments

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The rear 1/4 rusted out over the bumper
Took an old eg front fender and cut the tip off and it is a perfect fit! Welded and it was all good, : ^ )

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
After the b.w. it was final time to paint! I made a HUGE MISTAKE and bought paint from Paint My Car off Ebay. Never ever think your going to save any money that way! The stuff was urathane base/ clear. More on that later...

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looked good right after the clear was sprayed. But then a week later the clear lifted up and detached from the base!
Talk about a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. I bought a car cover and left it outside the shop for a year!!
Then I just had to move the car/ sell.
This time went to my local PPG shop and bought the paint. Turned out way better than the cheap Ebay paint kit.

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sold the eg and with the money bought this dc2.
Moral of this story is ,don't ever give up because there's something way better waiting on you!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.