Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls, i've been lurking the forum for a few months now and I should create an account as there is a wealth of knowledge around here! My name is Nick and i'm from Regina SK Canada, i've owned a lot of vehicles since the age of 16, around 25 if i had to guess and i figured i need to try a Honda out as my next toy car. This is strictly a 'toy' and will be used as weekend fun car that will be occasionally taken to work.

I recently purchase a 1993 Del Sol SI on July 15, 2016. I was in the market for a Honda/Acura, ideally an EF hatch but that is a hard request in Canada as most are rotted to death! I ended up paying more than i should have for the Del Sol but it's a little unique around here and the Targa top was something i wanted in my life!

Basic info
1993 Si 219,000kms
D16z6 w/ 5 spd manual that pops out of first
Konig wheels & 205/40/16 rubber
Skunk2 Coils
Straight Pipe to some random muffler (sounded god awful)

Overall Goal
Get maintenance up to date before throwing more power at it. IE
Brakes- New pads and Rotors
Suspension - Sway and strut bars, ball joints, control arms, etc.
Steering - All Tie Rods

Once that is complete i plan on pulling the motor over the winter and either doing a high compression rebuild or very basic rebuild and an 7-9psi turbo setup. Still very undecided and seem to change my mind on a daily basis.

Got the garage all cleaned up in preparation to start working on the Sol

First night home, claims garage, new chrysler 300 sits outside.

Right to work we go, the wheels were in rough shape although the tires were next to new. I decided on Dupli Colour Bronze.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The car was orginally undercoated and was in great shape for being 23 years old. I took a 3M wheel and removed what was left of the undercoating and pressure washed the undercarriage and recoated it, man that stuff stinks.

While I had the car up on stands i also did the brakes as i had one caliper that had seized pins. The previous owner continued to drive it as the pad wore down to metal and ultimately ruined the rotor as well.

New Brakes on and fresh coating in the wheel wells

After about 3 weeks of owning the car it is finally out of the garage!

Immediately after purchasing the car i ordered some exhaust pieces knowing that i'd be too embarrassed to drive it with no cat or resonator!

Upon lots of reading and youtube videos i decided on a Trush Turbo 2.25" and 26" 2.25" Resonator, perfect volume and is very suttle!

Before

After

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exhaust is 2.25" from the factory header to 26" resonator, no cat to Thrush Turbo Muffler.

Lookin' pretty outside

Next up was some interior work, this thing was nasty on the inside! i shampooed the interior several times, all black/brown water, lots of garbage and under the seats!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aking care of a little rust that was coming.

Was always a fan of red carpet in Honda's figure i'd give it a shot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my wife to go to town on vinyl, she did a great job.

Reupholstered the roof with some red material and vinyl wrapped the trim

While the entire interior was ripped apart i figured this would be a good time to add a short shift and energy bushings. Bought this el cheapo' setup on Amazon, $20 for the pair shipped.

Getting it all put back together

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to take a stab at my first gear pop out issue. I have no idea if and when the tranny fluid was changed, i figure it was long over due. I changed it with Royal Purple and Lucas manual transmission fix. I've got 225 miles on it since the change and the pop out issue doesn't happen nearly as often, although a clutch and transmission rebuild will probably be in the works.

I went and bought these dirt cheap off ebay

After lots of head scratching i gave up on getting them to fit properly (height wise). also the fact that they are cheap ebay seats i was concered about getting into an accident and having the seat fail. I sold them locally for a pretty penny and ordered all red leather igee covers which will be here in a few weeks.

That the progress to date, only had it for 5 weeks now, it has definitely kept me busy!
Thanks for reading, feedback is always welcomed!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
none of the pics are working for me, and Im wayyyy too lazy to go through and edit all that shit to work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beauty intro post boys, mods please close and i will redo the thread with proper image links.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do eet. Looks like you tried to put a lot of work in your posts.
I spent about the last hour of work yesterday in my office working on it, images were taking from my google photo account and worked on my computer screen. I've uploaded the photos to photobucket but i cannot edit my posts.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
make another thread. Ill delete this one once you get it working

1 - 13 of 13 Posts