Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Honda Civic Si
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car pops out of secend gear i think the syncronizer is going out. Has anybody ever replaced one and if so is it hard and how do you do it, and does anyone know if there is an upgrade i can do to it?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sounds like a shift fork or shift linkage issue. Syncros rarely go unless your grinding gears from being a bad driver.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
again with the synchros!!!!:cussing:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts

You should also replace the 1-2 shifter fork, esp. if you tried to hold it into 2nd.

New ISB/seal/thrust washer and 1-2 shifter fork, would be about $200 including parts for me to do it, if the tranny was closer......your over 200 miles away!

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
hey bone you should see about making this whole thing about popping out of gears a sticky cuz i see it like atleast once a week now.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
only thing that needs stickied is the search button :)

·
Registered
1992 Honda Civic Si
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

You should also replace the 1-2 shifter fork, esp. if you tried to hold it into 2nd.

New ISB/seal/thrust washer and 1-2 shifter fork, would be about $200 including parts for me to do it, if the tranny was closer......your over 200 miles away!
thanx that helps me out alot yea i try holding it in and it still pops out is it easy to do cause if so i'm pullin motor anyways i'll do it myself are there any special tools i need?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts