Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the d15z1 be a direct fit into my 1992 honda civic lx? I have the full d15z1 swap, just wondering if there are any special things i have to do to make this swap work for this car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im doing the swap this weekend and just wanted to know if i would run into any small issues like this.and yes it is for gas mileage

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
It seems this engine swap is becoming more popular these days. At least where I live.

·
Registered
4dr eg
273 Posts
well im doing the swap this weekend and just wanted to
know if i would run into any small issues like this.and yes it is for gas mileage
Seems as if you already bought the swap and made up your mind to use it. So why ask?

gonna make a slow car even slower.....and not get better mileage!
Lol and run like sh¡T! Cause he has no clue what wtf he is doing, as provin by the above statement.

·
Registered
4dr eg
273 Posts
I cant help but wonder what milage you get out of your car. I get 32 out of an eg coupe if I keep my foot out of it, wife gets 38 out of the 4dr eg with kids. She drives a good 550 + miles a week. AND her milage goes up if she only puts in a half tank of gas, to lose some of the weight. We have got as much as 44 miles out of it! I think you need to go back and look, maybe somethings off with what your doing. I would rather have a little power then a dog. But thats just me.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
california D15Z1 is a 4 wire O2. 49 state D15Z1 is a 5 wire for the lean burn mode to occur.

Make sure you research WHICH ecu you have! its the same ecu number for both. the last digits are what count!

search to find, or greab the VIN number off the car the parts were taken from and find out what state the car was originally sold in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts