Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys ive got a 1991 civic hatch dx that im trying to put a d16z6 in, and i want to use a 98 ex hydro tranny

waht am i going to need to get it to work? i assume hte axles, shift linkage, and mounts will all work, but where should i go for a cheap hydro to cable conversion kit, and how would i go about converting the car to use a obd1 ecu??? any help would be appreciated

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
check out jdmshit.com for a conversion harness for your obd1-obd0... and i think they have a conversion for the tranny as well

·
dont fuck with me, I know some gang members
643 Posts
I've heard those tranny's suck and that it's best to stay with the cable. But that's just what I've heard.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the tranny has shorter ratios than the 92-95 ex and si and steel shift forks

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i found out my z6 will physically bolt in, i still need info on how to do the conversion on the tranny, could i jsut use the pedal and master cylinder, line, slave cylinder, etc. off a 95 dx??? that was my plan but iono how hard it will be to get the pedal assembly to work??? and couldnt i just use all the wiring from the passenger side of my dx on the 91 and then use the p28 ecu and wire vtec???

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
jarvis606 said:
ok so i found out my z6 will physically bolt in, i still need info on how to do the conversion on the tranny, could i jsut use the pedal and master cylinder, line, slave cylinder, etc. off a 95 dx??? that was my plan but iono how hard it will be to get the pedal assembly to work??? and couldnt i just use all the wiring from the passenger side of my dx on the 91 and then use the p28 ecu and wire vtec???
an obd1 ecu wont plug into an obd0 car, just get a conversion harness. cheapest ive seen them (and where ive boughten two from) is jdm shit.com, like i said. one end is female for obd0, so it will plug into your car and the male ends are for obd1, so the p28 will plug in. you have to wire some sensors up though, including vtec because of course the z6 has sensors that the d15 in your car doesnt have. youl also need the motor mounts off of the motor thats in there now. And have you thought of the engine harness yet? youll have to find an si harness fromm 88-91, theres one also from an integra that will work but im not sure what year its from............sorry just tryin to help

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
oh and the si tranny would make your install a hudred times easier, and way faster

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone know where i can find a cheap good condition si tranny? and si wiring harness ?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so heres what ive found in the past few days

-obd0-obd1 conversion harness
-88 si tranny
-88 si intake manifold

ive heard their is a way to use my obd1 engine harness, does anyone know how i would go about doing this??? that would make like a whole lot easier...

so my axles work, i found an si tranny, and will the old throttle body off the 91 dx work on the 88 si im???

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
using the obd1 harness wouldnt be easier, you would have to get the plugs from an si harness and find a way to hardwire them in which would be a pain in the ass.....jhust try and locate an 88-91 si harness for cheap

jarvis606 said:
ok so heres what ive found in the past few days

-obd0-obd1 conversion harness
-88 si tranny
-88 si intake manifold

ive heard their is a way to use my obd1 engine harness, does anyone know how i would go about doing this??? that would make like a whole lot easier...

so my axles work, i found an si tranny, and will the old throttle body off the 91 dx work on the 88 si im???

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
jarvis606 said:
what axles? you cant use the ones from 92-95, they wont go into the si tranny.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ive got a set of axles that are in the 91 dx hatch right now, can i reuse them?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i found everything to do the mpfi swap

-si dizzy,
-si-harness
-si intake mani
-si ecu

also got a 1991 crx si tranny (good???)

is that it or do i need more? and can someone give me a few links to instructions on doing the swap, ive looked and ive got some references but id like a few more so i dont mess things up, and any tips from those of you who ahve already done them would be good...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh yea and the stock d15b2 is rated at 92hp right? so what kind of hp will it make with the mpfi swap??? will it be noticable?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts