Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my civic a few months ago, did the mpfi and si swap and now converted to obd-1. i did the distributor wiring myself without the adapter( big thanks to rease3 ). i plan on being turbo by October at the latest. Right now, i am having a hard time finding a d16 block so i can start building for the turbo.

My Plans

D16Y8 Head( needs to be sent out Port & Polish )
D16 Block
Vitara Pistons
Custom Length H-Beam Rods( i want 8.3-8.7 comp to run up to 14.7)
D16Y8 Intake Manifold
.48/.63 trim turbo

I'm Currently Looking for a good wideband,
short throw dual bend shifter,
6-Puck dual sprung clutch,

Please leave your suggestions thanx.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
are you gettin the fjt rods?
if so they are the I beams not H.
but good luck man

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i finally got my d15b7 swap running. its idles fine and low- power all there. only problem is that it wont rev over 3500rpm. anyone have any ideas?? im thinking crank angle sensor. i have a ef obd0 to obd1 harness and dont know how to clear the ecu, please help!!!!!

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
crank angle sensor might be the prob, you said you did the dizzy wiring yourself, so i would look there first.

get some pics up of this project.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it winded up blowing the motor after 3hrs no go past 3500. now i have a d16a1 everything swapped fine except it sounds like the starter is hitting the block and not turning the flywheel, anyone in the king of prussia area willing to come down tomorro with a dremel tool and grind that down for me to hear my 106,000 old man babyed dohc zc

·
Registered
11 Posts
i finally got my d15b7 swap running. its idles fine and low- power all there. only problem is that it wont rev over 3500rpm. anyone have any ideas?? im thinking crank angle sensor. i have a ef obd0 to obd1 harness and dont know how to clear the ecu, please help!!!!!

i think that would have been the tps on the back of IM i think 2 wires were swapped.. just what i have seen a few times on engine swaps.. just for the info..

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I want to see pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.