Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 1990 honda crx, thats OBD0 right now. I stupidly sold my old obd0 dizzy only to find out that it can work with my d16a6/z6 minime swap. so i bought a obd1 dizzy. Does anybody have a pinout for an obd1 to obd0 dizzy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
are you using the stock obd1 plugs on the dizzy and just splicing in a obd1 plug to the engine harness??

if so the way i did it was just matching the colors of the wires up.... but be careful cause there are 2 white wires...one should be a bit fatter then the other..

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i found a pinout for obd1 and obd0 distributors. I may have this wrong... but the obd1 fat white wire is supposed to go to the green/yellow wire? or do the wires just match color to color? Thats the way i wired it up because thats what it said on the pinout..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
well i found a pinout for obd1 and obd0 distributors. I may have this wrong... but the obd1 fat white wire is supposed to go to the green/yellow wire? or do the wires just match color to color? Thats the way i wired it up because thats what it said on the pinout..
\
i believe that is correct all the colors are the same except that one white wire.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
\
i believe that is correct all the colors are the same except that one white wire.
well it said that for obd1 that the fat white wire translated to yellow/green on the distributor. so i hooked that up, but then i had an extra wire that didnt match another wire color.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damnit, i still cant figure this crap out, anybody got any idea on this? Im going from OBD1 to OBD0 on a PM5 ECU. Do i need to run this wire to the ecu? just follow what it says to do with OBD1 ecu's as well?

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for all the bumps, but I also need help with the whole coolant situation.. it seems like somone took a hose and bypassed the heater because it goes directly from the head to the thermostat, Does anybody know where i could get a diagram for the cooling system as well?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Sorry for all the bumps, but I also need help with the whole coolant situation.. it seems like somone took a hose and bypassed the heater because it goes directly from the head to the thermostat, Does anybody know where i could get a diagram for the cooling system as well?
in the FSM, free download

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allright figured out the wiring for the most part, and the cooling. Now i have another question, i have (idiotic) an obd2 throttle body, with the Eacv, and a z6 manifold with an Iacv.. What should i use? what are the pros and cons of both? im staying OBD0 for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts