Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellow sohc bros. I wanted to let you all know about the rocket ship I'm building that will hopefully launch me into orbit. But seriously, I'm building this EF to have the absolute best handling, acceleration, and braking possible. Also 400+whp

About 6 months ago I bought a mint 1990 civic ex sedan with a y7 Frankenstein in it. I believe it had a y7 block, z6 head, y8 intake mani, and some cable tranny I don't remember. I'll only be using the y7 block and z6 head. Got pretty lucky with it though because when I cracked it open it had an 8lb flywheel, some unknown x stage clutch, blockgaurd, upgraded valve springs, and it had been bored to 75.5 already so pretty good score.

What I have now is a car with no interior or engine in it, and HUGE pile of performance parts ready to be installed as soon as engine is back from surgery( honed, decked, valve job, minor head work, balanced etc...)
Current parts ready for install:

?Edlebrock performer x intake
?ID 750's
?Triflow stage 2 cam from colt cams in Canada
?golden eagle adjustable cam gear
?Wiseco 75.5mm pistons WITH heavy duty wrist pins
?Eagle H beam rods
?Acl race bearings
?ATI super damper
?Close ratio gearbox (so much fun!)
?Stage 4 competition clutch
?Hush performance cable to hydro bracket
?Mfactory helical LSD
?MUGEN SHORT THROAT DIPSTICK
?innovative 65a mounts
?Snow performance stage 2 water meth kit with boost/spray gauge
?go autoworks top mount, twin scroll, no wastegate provision EF manifold
?Borg Warner EFR 67/58g twin scroll TURBSKI with internal WG and compression recirc valve
?IC piping will go from 2" turbo to IC then 2.5" from IC to throttle body
?Hondata s300
?Innovate wideband and EGT
?glowshift oil pressure and coolant temp
?sparco red sprint v seats
?blue sabelt 6 point clubman straps
?12 point roll cage

I'd tell ya the fuel this dragon will use but it's more of a Potion lol. 92 pump from shell, 100 octane low led, 50/50 water meth, and nitrous ??
Currently preparing the body for its new heart.

I'm sure there is more I forgot but if ya got a question just ask. got a few Honda wizards that are helping me with this as well. Also, only pic I have for now.

Attachments

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
MUGEN SHORT THROAT DIPSTICK
TWSS lol.

Seriously though it sounds like some nice parts you are throwing into this thing, I can't wait to see progress on this. What are you going to be doing with the car (auto-x, track)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daily driver....

No I'll prolly drive it 2-3 times a week and as much racing as I possibly can get in all varieties. Track, drag, autox

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ya and as far as suspension goes I only have new ksport coilovers on it now but when more money comes,
-adjustable upper control arms front and back
-spherical LCAs
- 15X9 wheels either rotas or 949's
-nitto nt01s or Pirelli p zero trofeo R
-da trailing arms for disc brakes
-energy suspension bushings kit
-MASSIVE asr sway bar
-stitch welded frame
pretty much everything is getting replaced.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Seems a little overboard for a DD. ...but if you are willing to put in the time/effort/money to do it, then more power to you.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
TWSS lol.

Seriously though it sounds like some nice parts you are throwing into this thing, I can't wait to see progress on this. What are you going to be doing with the car (auto-x, track)?
Muscle vs tuner on you tube

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yep that car will be awesome, with about $10,000 in parts, overnight from Japan......

I dig the look of it, in for more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wassup folks! Update time. It's been a long time but I've found out racecar parts aren't cheap so the process has been a little slow going but much has been done since last update. This weekend we upgraded all the suspension basically. we replaced all the wheel bearing, put on arp extended lug studs all around, new Megan racing adjustable upper control arms, energy suspension bushings all around, extended top hats, new lcas with provisions for a rear sway bar, new rear uppers, rear disc brake conversion. The engine has a few red flags that weren't sitting well with us as well when we got it back from the shop. The crank counter weight looks like they took an angle grinder to it to balance it, the rod caps were mismatched, piston to wall felt way to tight, so we're gonna have a second opinion done on it. I'll upload some more pics tonight when I get a chance. One thing I'm undecided on right now is how big of a rear sway bar I want to get since I'll be road racing, auto x and time attacking mostly with this car. Next purchase is a traction bar but undecided on weather to get an eBay one or a nice one like innovates makes. That's all for now

Attachments

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
My cars twin!!!! PM me, ASAP. Still interested in your interior.

I have the Innovative traction bar and love it. If you put a large sway bar on the rear you are going to need a larger on on the front.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts