Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read the stickied "how to" on rear disc brake conversions but it doesn't apply to well to my car. What I'm wondering is if da trailing arms would work or if these http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whatsnew_detail.php?prodID=263
Trailing arms would be better. Anyone know which have bigger rotors and calipers? If y'all could point me to a similar ef rear disc brake conversion thread as well that would be awesome.

May the boost be with you

·
Registered
20 Posts
All the trailing 90-01 integra trailing arms will work for vehicle, there is no difference in rotor/caliper size (except the Type R).

The only variables that would come:
- DA T.A. bushings are larger (can be more difficult to install as T.A. bushing removal/install tools don't fit the larger bushing)
- e-brake cable length (EF will be too short, DA should be fine, DC length - I'm not sure of)

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Did you even bother to google search da trailing arm on ef sedan? No you didn't.

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
As stated all rotor sizes are same. You need da or crx si e brake cables. Da has different sized trailing arm bushing with little aftermarket support for replacement. You sure you searched?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess my googling was not up to par. Thank you for the replies though. I'm just gonna go with the trailing arms in the link from hmotors then. Thanks guys.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
For less than half the price you could get some from a junkyard. Even less from some dumb kid parting out a wrecked shell. The difference in trailing arm bushing is easily solved.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I converted my 97 dx hatch to rear disc using DA spindles, calipers, and rotors. Wasn't that hard at all, and won't be for you either if you have access to a torch and air. You could actually do it on the car if you wanted to. It would be way cheaper to go that way if you can get your hands on the spindles, then just buy new calipers and rotors and whatever ebrake cable will work with your car. I wouldn't suggest using the 26 year old calipers that will come from h-motors.

I wouldn't be too worried about what has the largest size rotor if you still have the stock brakes up front.

·
Registered
4 cars that all don'
6 Posts
I hope this can help you out a bit if you decide to go with a Trailing Arm swap. It is not a tough swap to do, just make sure to have penetration spray and a little patience. I have to put a space in the link because I am not allowed to post links just yet.

Even though this is an old website, it still has solid information in it. A good read :)
http://winhpde.com/tech/civic/ef-honda/EFsustune.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts