Favorite Civic Body Style!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum :pedo: and I had a couple of questions..

Just recently picked up a 90' civic Si for $400 and as is, it came with:

- D16Y8 mated with stock Si trans (L3)(90k on motor and 124k on car and trans)
- p28 with cut wires and plugs from EG harness (no stock ECU in car)
- half of harness in engine bay was already spliced in for the alternator, injectors (Dizzy wasn't spliced but have both y8 dizzy and a6 dizzy for plug depin)

Miscellaneous: skunk 2 lowering springs, about 36" x 12" intercooler and some piping (from previous swap), full exhaust, B&m short shift, stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, GSR leather interior, lambo door kit (NOT PUTTING ON!!), and some other random parts.

Now question is, I'm on a budget, I'm also pretty good at some wiring but thinking of repining a ecu is a little etchy. Should I just buy a obd0 to obd1 adapter? and Ive been doing some research on this since I wont have the car in my possession till Friday, the dizzy, Ive only found one page on it from going to obd2 from 0. Does anyone have any experience of it? or would even think of doing so?

Like I said, just working with what I have and would like to get some input as any is welcome :)

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Personally I would find a COMPLETE harness from an 88-91 SI or DX(and convert to MPFI) and then convert to obd1. It sounds like it would be way easier to do this than try and splice things together.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well im saying the plugs from the civic (si) to the ecu are there, so for that i can use a rywire obd0 to obd1 adapter. I guess im mostly wondering about the dizzy wiring from obd0 to obd2. Also i need to find the resistor box (if it wasnt eliminated already). Where is its stock mounting location and what does it look like?

Thanks again guys

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Well im saying the plugs from the civic (si) to the ecu are there, so for that i can use a rywire obd0 to obd1 adapter. I guess im mostly wondering about the dizzy wiring from obd0 to obd2. Also i need to find the resistor box (if it wasnt eliminated already). Where is its stock mounting location and what does it look like?

Thanks again guys
I'm actually doing a very similar swap in my 90 4 dr, I found it to be very easy if you buy the obd0 to obd 1 ecu jumper, then pick up a obd 2 (they do come in 2 different pin configurations) to obd 1 dizzy jumper, mine cost 80 bucks for both. Mine was dpfi, we first converted to mpfi, then to obd1. If your using the stock y8 injectors, you'll need obd2 injector clips, I'm using them and deleted the resistor box. I still have a resistor box setup for when I go to the dsm 450s I have for the jrsc. I've always seen and put my resistor boxes on the driverside strut tower.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It sounds like to me all of his wiring is butchered. Iw as suggesting ALL wiring harness in car, dash, engine, etc...assuming it was all butchered...thats the way I interpreted it.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Use and obd1 dizzy. No need fir and obd2 if the ecu is obd1.
Also trace out all cut wires. No telling what the owner did. But i would convert the whole car to obd1 then all should be good. The motor will clip in as most clips are the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did the swap on a 91 dx and converted to mpfi and then obd1. I used an obd0 to obd1 jumper harness from rywire and an obd1 distributor along with distributor jumper plugs(they arent the same on the engine harness). If you are running high impedance injectors you do not run an resistor box you run signal wire normally and then run your 12v source to the yel/black wire, originally used as power for injectors, on the plug in your bay or you can run in straight to your ecu.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,732 Posts
whoever in the fuck added their .02 to the poll, I will find you, and I will ban you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.