Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna swap a d16a1 DOHC in my currently sohc 1990 hatchback, but i wanna build the engine, possibly for boost, the only rods i can seem to find are for

Honda 1.6L and all D16 SOHC Vtec and Non-Vtec and ZC

eagle rods Part# CRS5394H3D

does anyone have experience or know if these rods are the same size as the
d16a1 dohc 86-89 integra engine, or if possible all d16 rods/pistons are the same?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There all the same, just get some rods from FJT. Good luck with the mount on the drivers side.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know now im getting flak about the drivers side mount, i thought for sure this engine would bolt rite in, i have one in my 87 civic had to trim the drivers mount a lil, is it the same? would i be able to squeeze 300 hp out of a sohc?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You should have no problem makeing 300 from a SOHC.

Honda changed the mounts in the `88+ Civic. The A1 was a bolt in in the 3rd gen, you would need a ZC for the ED.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which engine should i look into building a d16y8? i think that one has vtec rite?
if i send out to have fully sleeved and get good rods/pistons will i be able to handle 20lbs of boost?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Pounds of boost means nothing, stock sleeves can hanled that depending on the turbo. There's a few builds running around with over 400HP on stock sleeves. Skip the Y8 and get an A6 to keep it simple, or Z6 if you must have the mighty uselessness of SOHC VTEC.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im not really a fan of vtak on a sohc, it seems kinda pointless, what kinda cars do an a6 and z6 come out of? i wanna get the block sleeved and build the engine pretty good whatever i end up doin cuz i want it to be a weekend driver, im figuring if i can get 300whp and a decent tranny in a 1800 pound car i should at least be runnin mid 12's, which would be almost fast enough lol, money isnt gonna really be a problem, i aint rich or nothing just gonna take my time save up money and buy the good shit

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A6 is from the `88-`91 Civic/CRX Si. Z6 is from the `92-`95 Si/EX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts