Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Honda Civic H/B STD shell. The wiring harness is hacked all to crap, so I want to just replace the complete cabin harness. I know that whatever cabin harness I use will need the corresponding engine harness. Now this is where I'm confused. I have searched this topic and gotten different answers.

Can I just install a complete EX/SI Civic cabin harness (under dash harness) in my STD model shell and all the electrical connectors will physically fit? The car is going to be a gutted race car. I just need to know can I upgrade to MPFI harness if I use both the cabin and motor harness? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
If you completely strip the old cabin harness out and put in an Si harness, you could use an Si engine harness. How hacked up is the cabin harness? If it's not THAT bad, just convert the current engine harness to MPFI if you're going that route...it's really not that bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This harness is pretty messed up, just looks like more then one person has tinkered with it...LoL. Anyways, I have the dash out because I'm gutting the car completely and I took all the A/C and heater components out. I thought it might just be easier to replace the harness and have a nice untouched harness. So I need to replace the little part of the harness that is actually attached to the dash also right? There will be three sections of harness that need replacing. Dash, Cabin, and Engine harness. Does it matter which year the harness is from? Or any '88-'91?

I am having my friend that knows more about wiring look at the harness just in case I'm over reacting to the hack job. I just feel it would be more reliable to just replace the harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts