Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

I havent been on the site for abit but wanted to share and give some encouragement to the gang. Its better late than never I suppose :)

Over the years I finally managed to realize my goal and exceed it by abit. The aim was 100whp per Litre. So a minimum of 160ish. I eclipsed that on the very first run and made 176. More tuning led me to this figure where I felt satisfied and safe. Engine was spec'd, built, and tuned by myself - RRM. ALOT of the information I needed came from this very site and some of the very cool ppl who frequented here. Big shout outs to cyanide, who helped me with the ITB setup.

Anyway, the details.

D16ZC Block bored 30thou over
PG6 Pistons
Stock Rods + ARP hardware
RRM oil pump
Fidanza 6.8lb flywheel + ARP hardware
Exedy "stage 2" clutch + ARP hardware
RRM D15B Head
Supertech Valvetrain + ARP headstuds
Rocket Motorsports Stage 7 Camshaft
RDX Injectors
RRM D16 ITBs (CBR954RR Based)
PLM Header (modified by RRM)
RRM ceramic coated exhaust - 2.5" mandrel Collector back with 2 vibrant performance resonators
Neptune EMS
~ 14:1 compression
Tuned on 93 Octane + Fuel additive.

195whp and 137ftlb

Took her to the track but had some traction issues and no representative times based on the previous setup and times.

Attachments

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,359 Posts
Nice numbers on RDX's and ITB's! Would love to see the modded header. And congrats on 195/137! Would love to see a video of it idling and also, you know we're going to ask for any type of ripper video lol. Congrats!

Glad to see the N/A D still going strong!

Congrats on a job well done. Beautiful power and torque curves!

Most I ever made N/A with a D was in the low 170's. Excellent work

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mate. I choose the ITB route because I wanted that flat torque curve. Ran out of head up top because the plan was rev to 8200 but she runs out abit before that. I have a video with it idling on instagram. I'll transfer to youtube and post. I street tuned her on E65 and seat of the pants dyno and the hill sprint test felt alot faster but no dyno time after that.

Nice numbers on RDX's and ITB's! Would love to see the modded header. And congrats on 195/137! Would love to see a video of it idling and also, you know we're going to ask for any type of ripper video lol. Congrats!

Glad to see the N/A D still going strong!

Congrats on a job well done. Beautiful power and torque curves!

Most I ever made N/A with a D was in the low 170's. Excellent work

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
571 Posts
Gives me some inspiration to finish my PG6 build and ITBs.
How much did you take off the head? Did you clay the motor?

·
Banned
2 Posts
There’s one thing I’m having an issue wrapping my head around. 14:1 compression ratio, but it was tuned to run on 93 octane, with a fuel additive. What was the additive, nitro meth? From everything I’ve learned over the years, 93 octane is not safe to run in an engine with a compression ratio that high, pre ignition would be happening as soon as you touched the throttle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts