Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S#hit you not, I have a 2000 Honda Civic Hatch EJ6 and the clutch has and car for this matter just hit 180,000 miles. anyone else hit this mileage before?!? I dump the clutch once every couple months and the thing still locks right up. Still grabs but I'm just wondering now when this is going to go out possibly... Any thoughts? Post up your clutch mileage!!! Lets see what everyone has.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I bought a 1988 CRX DX in 2005 from the second owner who had it since 1990, dead stock she claimed nothing had ever been changed but the battery, oil and tires. I asked her if it had the factory clutch and she didnt realize they ever had to be changed.

It was slipping a little, not undriveable, but couldnt do burnouts and it would slip some if I floored it in 5th doing more than about 80.

On the way home from purchasing it, it rolled over 300k.

I drove it for about 6 months before putting in a b16a, I tried to kill that d15b2 by letting it run at 8k for like 10 minutes before I took it out, it smoked out the house but never blew, so I shut it down and gave it away to a new home.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
305k on a stock clutch in my 91 totota with 22re. Pulled the block because of broken chain and decided to refresh/reseal the engine and put one on it. It still had a little life but was exremely worn and I wouldn't have reused it or even given it away. It wasn't slipping even when hauling 1,200 lbs of wood and shit.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
my GSR was on the original clutch when I pulled the motor with 170K to re-ring it.

the clutch was on its way out but didn't slip at all

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
1986 CRX - put 155k on the street, then gutted the bitch and started racing it...used the stock transmission and clutch for 6 years before rebuilding the transmission (close ratio) and putting in a new clutch.

·
Registered
87 Posts
my 1st gen crx had 177k on the original clutch before it finally wore out. my 2nd gen crx had its clutch replaced by its previous owner around 110k. I bought my current hatch at 144k and the original clutch had a lot of life left in the material but the original pressure plate broke some fingers, so it would chatter real bad while you were trying to release it... we all got a good laugh when we took it apart and found out what the problem was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts