Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey d-fam, I was thinking money is gonna be a pain for me being work is really slow, so I was thinking of alternatives to my new garrett t3/t4 50trim..... how hard would it be to just get a 16g from an evo8.... does anyone sell a manifold that would bolt up to my d16y8 with that flange? That uses an internal wastegate correct? My goals are 275-300whp.... I am currently running a 15G turbo... Thanks guys

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
evo 8s use a divided inlet housing that doesn't bolt up to DSMs

itd be a custom fab job, not worth it.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
evo 8s use a divided inlet housing that doesn't bolt up to DSMs

itd be a custom fab job, not worth it.
well I dont wanna spend 1200+ or so on a whole new setup man, what is a good turbo that will net me my goals without breaking the bank so much.... Ill need a mani, and a downpipe too...

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
all evo 4 through 8 turbos are twin scroll design.
youll need to have a manifold made that pairs up runners 1/4, and 2/3.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all evo 4 through 8 turbos are twin scroll design.
youll need to have a manifold made that pairs up runners 1/4, and 2/3.
ok scratch the evo turbo then.... what is a good snail that would net me my gains.... cause my little 15g maxes at like 240....

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
heh, I have one ;)

actually, I'm converting a saab .42/.48 into a .60/.48, but I have the SVO housing+wheel

·
Registered
118 Posts
Please don't buy those cheap welded manifold, they crack all the time and don't worth the money.

If you're low on cash, you can get a cast manifold + a ching-chang-meow T3/T04 turbo for real cheap on eBay.
It's not the best, but it really do the job for the price!
Just run the turbo with your head (and an 1/16" oil restrictor) and it will last.

You can get a STR cast manifold with the wastegate flange on the middle of the manifold for about 130 bucks.

Others D-series cast manifold have the wastegate flange on only one runner, wich is bad and cause creep.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please don't buy those cheap welded manifold, they crack all the time and don't worth the money.

If you're low on cash, you can get a cast manifold + a ching-chang-meow T3/T04 turbo for real cheap on eBay.
It's not the best, but it really do the job for the price!
Just run the turbo with your head (and an 1/16" oil restrictor) and it will last.

You can get a STR cast manifold with the wastegate flange on the middle of the manifold for about 130 bucks.

Others D-series cast manifold have the wastegate flange on only one runner, wich is bad and cause creep.

ugh.. no man.... I want a good turbo I am willing to spend at least 600-800 on a good turbo.. I just want to see if anyone makes a solid manifold for them....(16g).... I dont want my turbo to shit on me in 2000 miles man..... and I still need it to retain ac and ps...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have heard of single cams doing the evo8 turbo b4.... it cant be that hard... I want one bad.. for some reason.. :) OH lord look what I found.. lol http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civic-CRX-D15-D16-DSM-Stainless-Turbo-Manifold-TD05H_W0QQitemZ290198261654QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290198261654
the new design its braced pretty well, unless Autoworks can make me a nice pro ram mini that has the TD05 flange on it for the 16g to bolt up and the d/p too..... Im sure he can... hopefully I pm'ed him ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts