Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello d-series! I try not to post much and search until I find the answer I am looking for, but I need some help. I am getting really close to putting together my turbo d16 stroker together and I have one question. I will be using a 14b/evo x 16g hybrid turbo and have to fab up a downpipe. My question is can I use this flange to make the downpipe while leaving the wastegate hole there? I have the wastegate flap welded shut to run an external but was wondering if I leaving that hole there will cause any issues. I do not believe it would because the flap is already welded shut but I may be wrong. Thanks for the input.

Downpipe/Exhaust Flange - Mitsu TD05 Turbine Outlet Flange

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
kinda of a newbie quesiton.

I dont remember but i believe the dsm turbos have there own outlet for there wastegate. So if the flapper is welded shut it should be fine.

I know on the nissan the wastegate flapper doesnt have its own route so it would leak.

but as said i think your ok.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You can use it. If the flap is welded shut you can leave it open. You can find a flange with a closed wastegate hole, look on ebay. There's a user named customfabshop that sells all kinds of flanges and adapters for turbos. I'm running a dsm t25 and will be going to a 16G soon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just found it. Ive been searching on ebay and google for a few months now waiting for someone to make one. Thanks again guys. I will create a build thread as soon as my parts arrive.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh $30 haha my mistake.

I purchased a ramhorn from a user on honda-tech. He fabbed it up himself with a td05 flange. I actually got really lucky with that. It was tough trying to decide which manifold to use. What about youself? I havebeen reading a lot of your threads haha.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'm running HF manifold. I ended up getting the kinugawa compressor housing and wastegate actuator to avoid having to use a J-pipe. Turbo was free but I ended up spending almost $700 on it. It's been rebuilt and balanced plus all new housings and the actuator on it allows for spring change..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh cool I was also thinking about getting their compressor housing so I wouldnt have to use the jpipe.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I guess you are right. It wouldn't get hot enough to cause cracking like the turbine.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I haven't even installed the turbo yet. my car is still in the body shop. im just hoping the actuator doesn't have any fitment issues. im guessing I may have to do some grinding on the block where the power steering pump bracket would attach. im tryng to make everything fit while still using a full size radiator....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't even installed the turbo yet. my car is still in the body shop. im just hoping the actuator doesn't have any fitment issues. im guessing I may have to do some grinding on the block where the power steering pump bracket would attach. im tryng to make everything fit while still using a full size radiator....
That's going to be a tough squeeze. I would to see the end result.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts