Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone thought i would be able to hit 300whp on my d16a6 75.5 vitara build? it has a stock d16y7 head...the turbo is a small 16g, it will be tuned on crome.....i had asked about my 60-1 before and evertone said they suck on d-series...im trying to avoid buying another turbo, i already have the 16g....thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, thanks for the quick answers...it spools pretty nice now but its only on 11psi..the engine i have now is blowing smoke out the breather on valve cover....im gonna do a vitara build and up the boost and my goal is 300whp, so we will see...

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
16g are good for 350.
That is not when they are used on a 1.6 liter D motor, on a D motor the big 16 g is maxed out at 300 whp, as for the small 16 g i would guess 275 to 280, any more would probably be asking for detonation. see my sig for my specs, i am maxed out right now, any more would be considered risky, in the spring i am upgrading to a 18g and 750 cc injectors and going to shoot for closer to 350 whp. one thing that will help you make a bit more is to replace the stock o2 housing with a larger tubular version, this will lower the back pressure and allow for a bit faster spool and less creep.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is not when they are used on a 1.6 liter D motor, on a D motor the big 16 g is maxed out at 300 whp, as for the small 16 g i would guess 275 to 280, any more would probably be asking for detonation. see my sig for my specs, i am maxed out right now, any more would be considered risky, in the spring i am upgrading to a 18g and 750 cc injectors and going to shoot for closer to 350 whp. one thing that will help you make a bit more is to replace the stock o2 housing with a larger tubular version, this will lower the back pressure and allow for a bit faster spool and less creep.
is that what you did with your big 16g?

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
No i didnt, and i should have :( i will be buying a 2.5 inch tubular o2 housing and using it on the 18 g for sure. a stock o2 housing is only 2.25 inch and it does creep if you try and set boost lower then 16 or 17. i think i could have got another 5 or 10 whp out of this set up had i had the better o2 housing. can i ask how you got 8 psi from a big 16 g ? they normally have 10 ib springs in the wastegate as default.

·
Registered
362 Posts
are you sure that they have a 10 lb spring? it's a TD05H and i always thought it was an 8 lb spring.

·
Registered
362 Posts
what turbo manifold are you guys running???
i am using an HF manifold with an adapter plate from bmcrace.com, but i am currently making my own manifold.

and to Khanhsol, i did not hook up my water lines

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am using an HF manifold with an adapter plate from bmcrace.com, but i am currently making my own manifold.

and to Khanhsol, i did not hook up my water lines
im using a xs power manifold on my crx and it sticks the turbo out to the radiator support almost...im looking to buy a new manifold, any suggestons??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts