Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking to get some 6ULs now. Probably black to help with brake dust.

I definitely want 225 tires, probably RS3s

96 Coupe
500F 450R Koni/GC
32mm RSB 0.125 Wall
~300WHP Turbo
CR Gears, Helical LSD
~2000 Pounds
(Road Race Shenanigans)

I see most people running 15x8s all around, a few with 9s in the front, and a few with 9s on all 4.
I hear benefits of tighter turn in and increased responsiveness with 9s on the front and am not worried about appearance.

Now I see with 9s you need spacers, which I'm OK with. I have ARP studs.

Are 9's worth the extra cost + spacers?

Any experience? For 225s, do you recommend the 8s, staggered, or full 9s?

Tires have always been severely limiting and I got one good shot at fixing that. Thanks for the help.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
9's seem to be the way to go, but I couldn't fit them on my CRX, so I went with the 8's.

8's are pretty much square, the 9's will have a slight (but beneficial) stretch. If you can fit the 9's, that's they direction I'd point you.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard the EKs are more accepting of wider rims than the EF/CRX.

So you suggest Staggered 9s or Full 9s?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
If it were my car, I'd use a square setup with 9's. I don't like the idea of mechanically limiting the traction of the rear, but that's just me and my driving style.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Every review that I have read says 8's are good... BUt on 9's they are the best!

A lot of those reviews point at the "soft" sidewall of the RS3's

I think once someone even mentioned that on 8's you can tell that the Rivals have better initial turn-in response.

If you can fit them, run it.

Of course this is all second hand research since I can't order mine yet. (All RS3 are out for a small time, tirerack said "summer" they will be in stock)

Where are you buying yours from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts