Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thanks for the info guys sorry to make myself look like an idiiot but hey shit happens...

·
Registered
385 Posts
15psi doesnt mean much. 15 lbs on a td04 vs 15 lbs on a holset hx35 are two completely different things. What is your horsepower goal? Stock, the d16y8 can safely handle around 200hp. Ive been running around 210 hp 182 lb-ft for a year now on a high mileage y8 with no issue. Only upgrade you need for that power level is ARP head studs to prevent head lift. If you are looking for more than 230 hp you would need stronger rods and pistons at the very least. Then you would be limited by the stock head which can only flow enough air for about 300hp.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lol^

The thing you have to look at is hp output, not boost level. I would start by replacing your pistons and rods with something better since they are your weak point. Forged H beam rods and forged pistons can be found for a decent price.
You will need bigger injectors and money for a good tune. Oem 98 ex head gasket (Stock MLS). ARP head studs. And I recommend Rotella oil.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
what all is needed for my D16y8 to hold 15lbs
Well you will definitely need tungsten pistons to hold that amount of boost. The stock pistons get all gooey right at about 14.3 psi, so at 15 you will be on the highway to the danger zone.

You will also need a turbo encabulator that not only supplies inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but is also capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Well you will definitely need tungsten pistons to hold that amount of boost. The stock pistons get all gooey right at about 14.3 psi, so at 15 you will be on the highway to the danger zone.

You will also need a turbo encabulator that not only supplies inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but is also capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters
Dont forget the Tungsten crank.

Seriously, Im not normally the one to piss in your cheerios. But you could easily type in d1*** build.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
what all is needed for my D16y8 to hold 15lbs
Like everybody said, it depends on your choice of turbo. I currently have an emusa t3/t4 50 trim on my vitara/eagle build. My last motor was a bone stock d15b w/ a Nissan t28 boosting 11 psi no problem, with stock head bolts! Definitely upgrade your internals, shoot even ls rods would be good if you're on a budget, get some 440cc or bigger injectors, 2.5 bar map sensor, arp head studs, and a good tune.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
15lbs isn't much. Depending on the size of the item, you could toss it in the back seat or, if it is larger, you could put it in the trunk.

Seriously, Im not normally the one to piss in your cheerios. But you could easily type in d1*** build.....
To keep the head from lifting, use zip-ties around the entire motor.

lol....

Ya you need a truck zip tie. There strong enough to lift the whole motor out the car.

But to be real. search around and come back when your question is more reasonable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
15psi doesnt mean much. 15 lbs on a td04 vs 15 lbs on a holset hx35 are two completely different things. What is your horsepower goal? Stock, the d16y8 can safely handle around 200hp. Ive been running around 210 hp 182 lb-ft for a year now on a high mileage y8 with no issue. Only upgrade you need for that power level is ARP head studs to prevent head lift. If you are looking for more than 230 hp you would need stronger rods and pistons at the very least. Then you would be limited by the stock head which can only flow enough air for about 300hp.
sounds good thx

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
1,831 Posts
Bone stock motor with 440 injectors and a chipped ecu will hold 15 psi from a garrett gt17 but the same motor wouldnt hold 8 psi from a 6262. Also 15 psi with 1/2 inch intercooler piping probably would feed enough air to break 2000rpm. Psi has nothing to do with power. It is jist a pressure the number by its self has no realtion to air volume cfm, witch is what makes power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

im new to the site so a little help would be nice instead of pissing in my cheerios

1 - 20 of 30 Posts