Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after boosting hard at 9.5psi with a few 11psi fun runs I decided to do yet another comp test. I am very pleased to say that after 15k miles...

210 210 210 210 with virtualy zero leakdown. The D15B thrives on BOOST!!

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand spankin new guage and that was a dry test!! Throttle open 10 cranks. Actualy #4 and #3 were more like 211ish or so :p

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i forgot... did you boost an untouched d15b, or did you replace the headgasket with some new studs?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
holy crap man. i am extremely jealous of your motor and car. i have to ask....what the hell kind of gas are you feeding it? must be friggin' liquid gold (that is a metaphor for all of thsoe about to say "actually gold would suck in an engine ;) )

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Completely stock. Havent touched a thing on the inside. I took the valve cover off to check it out when I got it and the oil pan. It was said to have 32k miles on it and I believe it cause you could eat off the inside. I originaly tetsed it with an old guage that I knew was off but just wanted a baseline. I tested it again last month with that same guage and got the same results as my base(160psi). However this time, I tested it with a new guage and got those 210 numbers and for shits and giggle i checked with the old guage...160

Like I said everything is untouched, headgasket, studs, rods etc. Even original water pump and belt lol. The belt looked so good I didnt feel like changing it. Runs on 93 octane circle K from the nastiest run down lookin station but they have the cleanest pumps with new filters all the time. Always look at the pump itself to get an idea of their maintenence on them. I have seen some with filters so corroded theres shit hanging out the threads. Also look at clean nozzles with nice rubber thats also a good sign of a well maintained station.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
arco is NOT bad gas! it's a myth... people think because it's cheaper in CA, that it's bad. It's only cheaper because it's refined locally...

and Shell gets their gas from Arco in So Cal because they don't have a local refinery.

I think in No. Cal. Arco gets their gas from Shell.

I

·
0 Posts
i wonder how good walmart gas is? super cheap! :)

and that's awesome for stock internals, etc. Makes me wanna turbo my stock engine...if only it didn't have 205,000 miles and burn oil at high rpm lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts