Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I got a greddy TD04 turbo kit.
I want to know if any of you tried the greddy 18g (99 civic si) turbo on a 15g manifold (for d-series). Do the bolts line up and will it clear my AC lines? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
the 18g compressor is CONSIDERABLY larger than the 15g.
both turbos use a t25 flange.
with the greddy manifold, the tiny 15g is so close to the block i can't fit a credit card between them.
some user on here used an edelbrock manifold, but good luck finding one.
someone used a spacer and longer exhaust studs to clear but there really isn't much room for turbos in ac equipped civics.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i have a 18g on backwards on a 15g mani.... i could have it the right way but chose not to cut the webbing on the block in that area and also used the stock 18g dp so it looked better routed that way. not runnin AC/PS tough

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i have a 18g on backwards on a 15g mani.... i could have it the right way but chose not to cut the webbing on the block in that area and also used the stock 18g dp so it looked better routed that way. not runnin AC/PS tough
i'd like to see pics of your setup.
and the ac is the biggest constraint

can anyone guess which one is the 15g and which is the 18g?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch guys. It was really helpful. I'll do some measurement and see if I can fit the turbo on there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm the guy running the 18G/edelbrock combo, and my compressor to block clearance is really really tight as well. As far as A/C goes....what's A/C??

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm wanting to do the same thing on my y8.. So everything I read it will mount up and all?? Is the exhaust flange the same? And JUNMIST let me know how this goes

·
Registered
150 Posts
Meaning will the 18g just mount right up to the manifold if not what steps should I take?
And even to a new subject, what about a 16g?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
PM "Levi", as he did what your asking. Though I dont believe he had to use any spacer, but I could be wrong. He used a 19t.
A 19T is the same size as the 15G.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pics would be awesome! I am currently rebuilding a z6 and putting my old 15g back on it but if an 18g will fit I can make more power with much less boost.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Spin it around..... As Owneyboy stated. I run my 15g 180 off so i can keep the heat away from my block. will have to mod your exhaust and oil return line tho.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So I can get a 18g and just turn it around? Or would it be a bad idea just to do a t3t4 instead with a diffrent manifold what would be easier? And less hassle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts