Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to shops, and i couldn't find anything about this problem in a forum. i have a d16z automatic that is getting 155miles to a tank of gas. i change the spark plugs, oil ( 4 times in 3 weeks), air filter, and fuel filter and i'm still getting from 155 - 170 miles to the gallon. right now the only other problem i have with the car is the master power(brake booster), it makes a sucking sound when i turn it on and for a few seconds after i turn the car off. does that have anything to do with fuel economy? and what else can i do to solve this problem?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
o2 may be bad
don't be a lead foot
tire pressure can make the milage go down
front end bein out of alighn can be a problen
lower you car less air resistance
if you have oversized wheels can make te milage go down
thats about all I can think of right now hope it helps you out

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how many miles on the motor? have the injectors been cleaned properly? do you regulary change the oil and everything?
the car has 165k no i haven't changed the injectors but i put cleaner in the fuel and treatment. i also don't know how often the oil has been changed befor ei had it but i changed it so far every week i've had it and thats been about 3-5 times. and for some reason everytime i change it the oil is black.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all auto's get crap mileage.
Second how do you drive?
Try putting a new 02 in it. there cheap well they are on EF's
i haven't gone over 70 for the past two weeks. i wanted to see if it was my driving but i only got a few more miles out of it. and i changed that too already. is there another one besides for the one in the header?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o2 may be bad
don't be a lead foot
tire pressure can make the milage go down
front end bein out of alighn can be a problen
lower you car less air resistance
if you have oversized wheels can make te milage go down
thats about all I can think of right now hope it helps you out
i didn't look into the alignment yet. but thanks i didn't think about that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
any service engine lights?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
4,223 Posts
coolant temperature sensor. i can almost guarantee it. my buddys b16 got like 18 miles to the gallon when we put it in. he changed everything possible, and still only got like 22. changed that sensor, now gets over 35.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
56,900 Posts
vacuum leak causing map sensor to read low and dump in extra fuel, thus effecting the gas mileage.

right now the only other problem i have with the car is the master power(brake booster), it makes a sucking sound when i turn it on and for a few seconds after i turn the car off

·
Registered
My Crix
1,346 Posts
vacuum leak causing map sensor to read low and dump in extra fuel, thus effecting the gas mileage.
thank you. i was thinkin the same exact thing thru the whole thread and all the posts and no one said anethin.

your master cylinder has a seal blown out. fix it and you will most likely fix your gas milage problem.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i drive a 1.3 singe carb with automatic choke

when u crank it, revs to 4k and stays there for a while till the engine warms up or get moving to 15mph+

i get 300miles out of 30 litres of fuel(full tank)
good?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.