Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a 14b turbo mounted to a T3 manifold using one of those adapter plates being sold out there? im looking at all three and it looks like its going to be a bitch to mount all 3 together considering the way the turbo is set up... i could possibly drill out 2 of the holes on the turbo and have the bolts coming up from underneath but what to do about the other 2... hopefully i dont have to get the bitch welded on there. anyone care to tell me what they did?

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Hahn racecraft has an adapter plate. It usually goes the other way around though (14b mani, to adapter plate, to T3 flanged turbo) Give them a call and ask if it would work.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already have the adapter plate, though i bought it elsewhere, but it looks like i am going to have to mod it in order to get it to fit right.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
post up some pics if you can, that may help us out with it

·
Registered
286 Posts
most of the adapter kit are for the mitsu-t3 only..the way this work is the mitsu has the bolt comming down from the manifold to bolt to the adapter plate. then the t3 just bold up to the adapter plate like normal. If u were to go the other way around u need to 1st countersink the adapter plate to allow u to mount it to the t3 manifold and have it bolt flatten..then the 14b can be mount on to it...i've seen people weld this plate onto the t3 manifold then mount the 14b..but i quest them why not just use a t3? it has more then enough power and the lag can be use for traction control.. i drop the hammer in my d16y8 at 6k with the turbolag helpping out with traction..

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright... here are some pictures i have...
1st: no room for bolt to be run from flange to turbo, must be run first through turbo, then into flange:

we are good to put a bolt through this hole in the turbo:

i understand i will have to cut this bolt off and drill the hole:

however, this hole in the turbo has no where that i can put a bolt up through, the only way to bolt the turbo to the mani with this hole is to go downward from the top of the adapter plate.

im pretty sure i know what i need to do for the one hole that doesnt come through the turbo. i was going to buy an allen bolt and drill out the hole in the adapter plate. if all else fails, ill just weld the adapter plate to the turbo.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i was thinking about it... the only other thing i can do is get some socket head cap screws and drill a hole halfway through the adapter plate so the heads of the screws are set down in the adapter (hard to explain but im pretty sure i know what im talking about)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts