Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am goin to start piecing a turbo kit together at the first of the year. ;)

Ive done some research and Ive pretty much decided on either a 14b or a T3 of some kind. The 14b sounds like a great turbo to go with but i heard about a tight bend or something for the charge pipes coming off the turbo and thats why I was considering something different. I'm on a budget but a want a turbo that will be able to give me power to redline and eventually be able to up the boost and not be too small once its built.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well frist of all it would greatly depend on your power goals the 14b can be found for as low as $25-30 at a junk yard and itll support around 250whp before you have efficency issues, the bend you heard about is kind of a bitch but not too bad

i really like the t3 off the newer sabb 900's i think its a .42ar while the 14b is around a .41 but as long as your power goals are'nt too high you should be ok with either

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well right now I have i/h/e on my ex and am not very happy with the results. I will eventually want alot of power but for right now I think that the 8 psi that a 14b will give me will be good.

what kind of piping is that on that turbo?

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
well if your looking for something to get u by, but are looking to upgrade in the future..... i say get a used T3 flanged turbo and use a real manifold not those hf/std/vx/cx style pos's

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about getting a log mani from ccfab.com and if i go with some kind of T3 I could just take it off and put the new one on right?

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Phantom Civic said:
I was thinking about getting a log mani from ccfab.com and if i go with some kind of T3 I could just take it off and put the new one on right?
for the most part yeah, the oil lines and return would fit, but the downpipe may need to be changed and thats about it

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks. What size turbine or whatever should I look for then? I dont want it to take forever to spool but I want some good top end.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I'd say it depends on what your goals are. .60/.48 spools pretty quick for me. It's overkill for a stock motor, but I dont want to go out and buy another turbo when I upgrade the internals.

Usually I make full boost by 3500 now that I put my 2.5" exhaust in.

C

·
0 Posts
a 48/60 is perfect for a stock block d series.

it is however, a bit small for a built motor, those turbos are out of their efficiency range up around 16psi.

C

·
0 Posts
you will be strangling that turbo at higher boost levels.

i had a 48/60 like yours on my built d and iswapped to a t3/t04 and the difference was amzing, spooled only 3-500 rpm later and pulled so much harder. the .48 exhaust housing is the limiting factor. if you had the .63 housing and wheel id say it would go 300whp

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive been lookin on ebay for a T3 and I keep runnin across Spooledmotorsports. Anyway It is a TB0335 for $169.00.

The specs are:
-Compressor Trim:50
-Turbine Trim:69
-Compressor Housing a/r:.42
-Turbine Housing a/r:.48

Is this good for my y8?

Has anybody got any experience with them? I'll probly be buying a turbo in January but I'm trying to decide now to have my setup planned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
turbine trim is a lil big but prolly could help with some top end. otherwise looks like a fair deal

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have any idea what rpm it would reach peak boost? Cause 3000-3500 or maybe 40000 is what I want but I want it to hold strong to redline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts