Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
14b d16 turbo ideas/ build

anyone have any experience with these? im looking for some help and did some searching. my plan is to build a d16z6 with dsm 14b turbo. im only hoping for a 200-250 DD 95 hatch..
so far ive got a warlbro 255,p28,arp head bolts,z6 head
bought a TD04hl 13t from Jdm rvr
thinking dsm 450 injectors, 1g dsm BOV
d16z6 with 70-80km for $500-600
i'm --searching ebay for the adapter flange: http://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-TD05-TDO5-TD05H-FLANGE-TURBO-CHARGER-MANIFOLD-SWAP-CONVERSION-CAST-ADAPTER-/180803167068?hash=item2a18b5635c&item=180803167068&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
and t3 cast manifold-something like this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HONDA-D15-D16-ENGINE-CAST-IRON-T3-TURBO-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/360314520339?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e46b4313&clk_rvr_id=311338348638
upgraded map
go autoworks intercooler-not sure which size?? and piping
thinking about the 75.5 vitara h beam combo
building on a budget of 2-3k
that's all i got for now any insight would be much appreciated and helpful.
thanks!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
nope. no one has experience with those. us D guys have always bought brand new off the shelf shop turbos

Of course, Google might tell you a dramatically different story. Check it out.

one thing, used injectors are iffy. get them serviced

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, ill definitely service the injectors if i get them.
I have read a couple other related threads but there wern't too in depth im just trying to learn as much as possible, first build.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a 14b on my z6 and it spooled super fast. Great turbo for a dd with a modest power goal. And you can keep your bottom end stock.
14b+stock d-series= good cheap fun

·
Registered
233 Posts
14b's are known in the DSM world for maxing on most cars around 250-275whp.

That said, if you can match up their flange they're a great turbos on a civic, especially with as cheap as you can get them.

my DD is a stock 91 talon tsi awd, only has an exhaust/downpipe/mbc and I make my full 17-18psi at 2500rpms

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, i've continued doing as much research as possible and bought my turbo tonight! first turbo, pretty excited :)

next up is the engine, d16z6,y8 or d15b?? not sure which is best. i already have a z6 head which is why i was thinking about the z6. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
14b on a Beast7 motor is what I'll be doing. GL to you. Post A LOT of pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright im going with the z6, gunna do some engine shopping today, wont be easy to find a low km block im sure so i guess ill look for a complete engine. what should be my km limit? 180 200?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok like the noob I am, I bought a different turbo than I thought! It's not a 14b from a DSM but a td04hl from an rvr. Will this be a more difficult install than the 14b? Man I feel stupid haha

·
Registered
305 Posts
the lower the better km if your just gonna run it. If your gonna rebuild it and it has high km just overbore it by .5 get it decked and make sure the crank is good.

I dont think it matters about the turbo all of them are pretty much the same concept just some with water lines some without. Just make sure to do lots of research so you know everything will fit right the first time. If its used get it rebuilt and make sure there isnt shaft play.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Oh man. :( Sorry you didn't get a 14b. I'm sure somebody knows something about that turbo. Or you coiuld look it up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I've been doing research, definetly not as common as the 14b but should be fine it's in great condition, int waste gate and has water and oil lines. Still a lot of things I have to figure out with this one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts