Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, if a built n/a d16z6 in a ef would have the potential (hp/weight ratio) to run low 14s?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try it and find out
it's called learning
I think I will. My friend will selling his 91 dx sedan that just had its a/c redone for $500 and I have an extra d16 just laying around. I was thinking a mild ported head, crower stage 3+springs/retainers, skunk2 IM+tb, zc pistons, and some kind of a/c compatable race header. Can anyone recommend a good one?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
A strong OBD-1 B16 in a 90-91 Civic DX with a cable B16 trans is good for low 14's stock with a good driver. That's about the same whp, both OBD-1 but better gearing than any stock D-Series trans.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A strong OBD-1 B16 in a 90-91 Civic DX with a cable B16 trans is good for low 14's stock with a good driver. That's about the same whp, both OBD-1 but better gearing than any stock D-Series trans.

thats what I was thinking. the b-16 has better gearing. the b16 would add about 75-100 lbs though right? I just want a fun daily driver and keep my turbo d16z6 crx for my weekend/drag car.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe Bisimoto has 3 new D series headers coming out, 1 Full Race version, Street/Strip, and a AC compatible Street header.

Check the website in my sig to read more about the headers.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
Its all in the 60' and driving the hell out of it, it went 13.99 on 14 inch street tires w/ a 2.02 60'.
drive it like you stole it, never ever lift when shifting......blah blah blah......

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
hp vs. weight + driver and traction.

I think BigTuna gonna just blow thru the 12.99 on his first full pass with new parts. I predict 12.6 @ 109 mph.......

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
yes 2000lbs track weight, me the car and 5 gallons of gas. The car is on 22x8x13 slicks on Bogarts, and I dont need no stinking LSD I have a welder...:)
As for the 12.6 comment Transzex.........we shall see.......I just have to figure a way to hide Vtak in a nonvtec cuz gods knows Im gonna need some VTAK FTW

This is a pic of the car in track prep, full glass, 2seats, 2 door panels, dash ect. Pro-Am street car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts