Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
perform the following:

compression test
leak down test

if both pass, boost it. if it fails even slightly, better hold off cause boosting will make things much worse.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
perform the following:

compression test
leak down test

if both pass, boost it. if it fails even slightly, better hold off cause boosting will make things much worse.
how does one go about doing this

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahah wow i thought i was ill informed. yea iam cheep and was just kinda wanting a " yea its good" but i probly should get the test but aftter that more miles will be on her and a couple of months will go by. i dont know i guess u cant rush boost.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
my first turbo setup was on a d15b7 with 265k. 9psi for 3 months 7000 miles, motor still runs today unboosted though. nearing 300k... a little smokey lol.

·
Registered
490 Posts
lol i bet it's not a little smokey... i bet it's more like a lot smokey. but 140 is pretty low for a motor that has been taken care of. if i were you i'd just pick up a cheap d15b7 or b2 long block and rebuild it for boost. that's your best bet and it's still inexpensive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
seriously? if you can't perform these two test or know how to search on how to do them, you should not mod cars.
I would have to agree, read up on all of it a bit more and maybe make some Mechanic friends that can guide you on how to work on cars and start small.

I love turbos and have worked on motorcycles for years and i feel that i need to know more before i mess with them.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
Assuming you pass a compression and leakdown test you can boost it no problem, if it fails the test boost will only make it worse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts