T3 50 trim 10psi
Not sure of WHP
Good street tune by myself
race weight of 2300lbs
205/35/17 BFG Scorchers or Slicks 22x8
Full 2.5" exhaust with gutted cat
Stock Si tranny
Stg2 ATC clutch with 11lb flywheel

I'm hoping I can get into the 13s with it. My VW was and it seems like the honder is faster. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
if your a good driver, i would say most definately with slicks. Only way to really know is to take it to the track and run it, but i would say with slicks, yes, you can break 13's.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I was thinking of going to the track this weekend if its nice enough. I was going to last weekend because I can't wait to see my times but it snowed.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
well I was thinking of going to the track this weekend if its nice enough. I was going to last weekend because I can't wait to see my times but it snowed.
how much stuff you packing in the stunk of that car........im assuming thats your car in the avatar? Looks like its saggin pretty low compared to the front....maybe its just how its parked.

but, where do you figure you have 2300 lbs? the car weighs just over that stock minus the driver.

but yeah, take it to that track and try to get a vid of it or something so everyone can see what it does. at least get a timeslip posted up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the specs that I got off the net for the weight of my car was 2150 and I'm 150. No the back isn't really sagging its just the way the pic was taken. That was a while ago anyway....

I will be gutting it though. No spare, no interior, no ac, no power steering with manual rack.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
the specs that I got off the net for the weight of my car was 2150 and I'm 150. No the back isn't really sagging its just the way the pic was taken. That was a while ago anyway....

I will be gutting it though. No spare, no interior, no ac, no power steering with manual rack.
i would really think about stripping the interior and removeing the a/c and powersteering. Unless you have a real cold climate where you live and a/c isnt need, or if this isnt your daily driver. By stripping everything out you wont gain a whole lot of time in the quarter, but you will gain some so dont get me wrong.

but its ultimately your car and your choice, but if its your daily driver, give it a good thinking before you start stripping it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
also, im assuming you have an ex since you said the motor was stock and its a z6.......it weighs more than 2150. i think its more like 2350 or 2450.....not sure which.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I'm going to strip the interior just to go to the track. AC is out already and I never use it anyway so it doesn't matter to me. Same with the power steering, I don't mind the manual because its a light car anyway.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok its probably the base model that's 2150. Not sure how much the ac and power steering weigh. The only difference from mine to a base model now is the sunroof. Yes it would be the US Ex. Here in Canadia its an Si.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
do what i do the day you go to the track. take your spare tire out and the passenger seat. im pretty sure it should run 13's without slicks maybe a low 14

·
Registered
225 Posts
93 coupe civic
D16Z6 Stock 240,000kms with good compression and doesn't burn oil
T3 50 trim 10psi
Not sure of WHP
Good street tune by myself
race weight of 2300lbs
205/35/17 BFG Scorchers or Slicks 22x8
Full 2.5" exhaust with gutted cat
Stock Si tranny
Stg2 ATC clutch with 11lb flywheel

I'm hoping I can get into the 13s with it. My VW was and it seems like the honder is faster. What do you guys think?
Sell the VW and put that money into the Honderrrr... just kidding slicks will get you down there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts