Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well. ive hit 12,000 miles on my build tonight.. cars still running as stong as ever and im STILL wanting to go faster. :O

but the reason i posted this is the turbo. its an ebay .57 trim. came wth a kit i bought then basically scrapped aside from the turbo and the frontmount. i havea garrett rebuild kit for it ... but it still hasnt blown! :O gotta .060 restrictor on it.a nd there is ZERO shaft play. i guess ebay shit is still crappy... jsut not as crappy as a sitting turd anymore?!?! :sailor:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have pics. Ill post em up when I get home from work. I'm on my cell phone right now. I'm running 10 psi at just over 200 whp.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
he didnt say built motor he said his build.....lol, but i thought the same thing i had to go back and reread the original post to figure it out

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea. Its not built. Stock bottom emd. What I meant by build. is my setup

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
my last setup had near 15k on it. the only problem i had was i cracked my XSPower Blurr Manifold with my anti-lag. Otherwise everything was great. I estimate the turbo itself had over 30k on it. Ebay johnson. Still 0 shaft play. My other ebay I bought new had 5k on it, probably has 15k now total since its on a friends car. Still 0 shaft play.

:td: to the ching chongs for stepping up their game a bit. Or we're getting lucky lately. Congrats to you as well :bigok:

edit: ps the thumbs up and thumbs down smileys are backwards.

·
Registered
838 Posts
haha my vitara setup lasted about 15k miles. but my yum yum turbo still has zero shaft play ! used a nitrous jet .55 as an oil restrictor!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have read and read and seen in person about the Ebay turbos... people are having better luck with the turbo's especially how often you drive it, is the main factor. Oil restrictors are a near must. For the longest time and still maybe not sure the quickest vitara setup 10.4 1/4 runs a ebay turbo. It all depends on who you purchase it from I suppose. I believe there is probably a few china Co's manufacturing these and there's probably 1 thats better then the others. It's a gamble to what is delieverd to your door. This is how it was explained to me....

But I am lovin to see people putting these turbo's to use and seein how far they go kudos!

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
My friend and member here had 40k miles on Ebay turd before sending it out for a rebuild, Gpop style. Now he still rocks the Ebay housings, but all Garrett internals. I laugh when people just say cuz it's on Ebay it's crap!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
idk. i still have the garrett rebuild kit. but until this blows. its staying how it is. it spools fast for being a .57 trim. and the motor is a z6 (see username ) :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts