Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does wiseco make 11:1 piston for the d16z6. I am doing an N/a build and I want to use wisco pistons but all I ever find are 8:5 for the d series, thanks for the help

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
You could just use a set of PM7/P29 pistons from the ZC/A1 motor. Would be alot cheaper and would probably give you around a 12.03-12.5:1 compression. :TU:

But, to answer your question, yes they make them.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Pm7s are a cheap, easy way to bump up compression, but they also lead to some really sucky side effects, namely HAVING to use higher occtane (93 in some extreme cases) and dealing with tuning issues to keep the engine from pinging to death.

A better option for high compression is a PM3 piston. It will actually stick out of the hole some, which provides a rather fantastic amount of quench, lowering the octane requirement and generally making for an overall better running engine.

All this is if you want to save money. If you would like to go with aftermarket pistons, I would recomend Bisi, Endyn or Supertech.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could just use a set of PM7/P29 pistons from the ZC/A1 motor. Would be alot cheaper and would probably give you around a 12.03-12.5:1 compression. :TU:

But, to answer your question, yes they make them.
are thes piston forged becauause I will be runing a 75-100 shot of as well what do you guys recommend

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
your gonna want forged then, and maybe start out with a compression ratio of around 10-10.5:1. This lower ratio has much more room for tuning error than say 11.5-12.5:1. So, why not just deck the block(.010) and mill the head(.020-.030)? That will raise your ratio to around 10.4-10.6:1 or so? Stock pistons will take that much, maybe be more concerned with the rods...

·
Registered
03 mazda 6
315 Posts
spraying higher compression is fine, tune for it, hope your pistons dont melt from detonation. competence plays a huge part. really, u have to run higher octane? no sith? may the scwartz be with you

so me and the mad scientist dont have to replace the piston rings you just fried

·
Registered
873 Posts
Pm7s are a cheap, easy way to bump up compression, but they also lead to some really sucky side effects, namely HAVING to use higher occtane (93 in some extreme cases) and dealing with tuning issues to keep the engine from pinging to death.

A better option for high compression is a PM3 piston. It will actually stick out of the hole some, which provides a rather fantastic amount of quench, lowering the octane requirement and generally making for an overall better running engine.
:TU:
The PM3s are the only OEM pistons (well..., maybe the GX too) i would consider for a 1.6 block with a P08 head.
The way i look at it, a Z6 with PM3s is the "cleaner" 12c.r. setup.

But off course, Joseph Davis' suggested PM3/Y8 combo should be something even better - though, only if done right :jesus:

those JEs look very nice bone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts