Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the itch again to build a drag car. This is my first Ek and I really like it, a much better platform than a EF . My goal is to hit run a 10 second pass by the end of the year. I have a stock D16Z6 engine almost ready to drop in and pass emissions, so I can register the car. I should start building my spare engine once I get the car to pass emissions. I will post pictures once I am allowed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little more work done, it is almost ready to run.

Cj's Wiring mil spec custom harness.

D16Z6 ready to be installed.

Engine installed and wired.

How it sits as of today.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Looks interesting, I dig the harness. The bay has a great start too, repped.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! No corners were cut when this car was built. The paint is in great condition and the interior is super clean too. Engine is running now, I just have to install the evap system and exhaust so I can pass emissions.

·
Registered
339 Posts
That harness is badass I really want something like that to clean my bay up.

What ECU are you using? When I swapped a y8 into my 97 hatch I used a 96-98 manual trans y8 ECU and it threw a evap code because it was looking for a fuel tank pressure sensor that the DX hatch doesn't have. Luckily it was emissions exempt.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That harness is badass I really want something like that to clean my bay up.

What ECU are you using? When I swapped a y8 into my 97 hatch I used a 96-98 manual trans y8 ECU and it threw a evap code because it was looking for a fuel tank pressure sensor that the DX hatch doesn't have. Luckily it was emissions exempt.
Thanks! I am using Y8 ecu and my hatch does have a fuel tank pressure sensor.

Harness looks good. What about it is military specification tho? :p
It is made with milspec grade tefzel wire and sleeved in Raychem DR-25.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just passed emissions yesterday and I got it registered. I did not even have to do the knock sensor trick, check engine light has not come on for it. I am going to drive it around it while I get all the parts I need to install the Turbo.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Good progress so far. Hopefully the harness works for you, troubleshooting anything with same color wire would be a major PITA.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good progress so far. Hopefully the harness works for you, troubleshooting anything with same color wire would be a major PITA.
Thanks, yeah I got it up and running quicker than I thought. The harness is actually color coded but not to oem spec.

In for more. What kinda turbski you runnin on your d?
Not sure yet, I was thinking a GT30 or T3/T4.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has been fun driving it around the past few days.It does need better suspension and a freaking brake booster lol! I picked up a chrome dipped valve cover for $25 dollars, I should be installing it next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It has been fun driving it around the past few days.It does need better suspension and a freaking brake booster lol! I picked up a chrome dipped valve cover for $25 dollars, I should be installing it next week.

what's the brake booster delete your running right now? How is it setup? How to the brakes feel?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a RC garage plate with a tilton master cylinder. Pedal is hard but not like people say with the car off with brake booster. I just want the comfort of the brake booster if I am going to drive more regularly on the street.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up a BWR ramhorn manifold and a t3/t4 turbo, everything fits good. I also found a dual backdoor intercooler for only $100 dollars, it's a modified aftermarket SRT4 intercooler. It should be going to the fabrication in a week or two to get the intercooler mounted and the piping done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More progress. I got the oil lines finished, installed my Locash racing catchcan setup, removed old intake. I will be running a Edelbrock IM, IN900cc injectors, GE fuel which should all be here next week. What do you guys think about running a 70MM throttle body?

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts