Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've lurked this forum a lot. Whenever I search for things I use this query in Google:

Code:
site:d-series.org d16 transmission throwout bearing
I'm here today mainly because I just swapped trans on my 6th gen DX (Y7). I got a 92-95 Si/EX P20/B000 trans from the junkyard. Loving the 2nd & 3rd gear ratios and 4.25 final drive compared to the Y7

I made a post in the transmission forum because I think I messed up the clutch release fork & bearing because it's making a constant tapping sound that doesn't go away when pressing in the clutch pedal

I have a question about how to use this forum though.. I can't see hardly any posts. There's only a few posts in some of the boards.. is it because this is a new account with zero post count?

Check out this gem after I cleaned it up good:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol yall funny huh i was gonna make my name "missing10mm" but "10mm" was available

update on the tapping sound coming from the clutch area:

after a few drives of breaking everything in the noise completely went away. then i drained the fluid again to put some more fresh 10w-30 in. with the new fluid the noise came back slightly but after a drive it's nearly almost gone again

tell u what tho this trans is smooth and i got super lucky with this junkyard find

gonna tear apart the Y7 that came off my car to learn how to rebuild these things

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
have you checked the rules out yet?

he doesn't have the post counts yet to view or post images.....somehow he posted them

, but the other stuff is just gonna have to wait a bit. read around and give it time

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the forum sub section go to the bottom and change view from past 30 days to beginning.
thatll do it. thanks

he doesn't have the post counts yet to view or post images.....somehow he posted them

but the other stuff is just gonna have to wait a bit. read around and give it time
why does it still say i have 0 posts? yea i dunno why I can post images. you say I shouldn't be able to see them either? I can't see links in sigs and when I try to post a link it says I cannot post links or images until I get 10 postcount

I can't find how to edit posts either

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Welcome .3937"

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts

, but the other stuff is just gonna have to wait a bit. read around and give it time

Yeah, back (about a whole 1.5 weeks ago) when I was still I_am_Nasty_Canasta, I couldn't post images or anything. Couldn't look at anything either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the 5th gen trans have aluminum shift forks, which means they wont bend. they will clean break if abused, which i'm fine with because i know how to treat my girl. unlike the steel forks in the Y7 that will slowly deform with abuse eventually causing wear on the gears & whatnot

the main reason i swapped trans is because i messed up 3rd/4th on the Y7 trans big time (i was young and learned how to drive stick on that trans). for the past few years i've been driving with only 1st/2nd/5th. occasionally when i want to have fun i can get it into 3rd but i have to be going a certain speed and slowly raise the revs while holding the shifter forward wiggling it left & right while letting go of the clutch. if i don't do that special ritual to get into 3rd what happens is when i release clutch it'll grind bad & fall out. so with the clutch in i can get it into 3rd/4th but it wont stay. after taking 3rd gear up to 80mph or so i can easily drop it straight down to 4th without touching the clutch and itll usually go in fine maybe with a few soft clunks

i used to think oh i ruined the synchros but now after some stuff i've read online i think the synchros are probably fine. the issue is probably just a bent shift fork?

i know there have been many Y8 vs Z6 trans wars but i'm gonna have to go with Z6 because i like the idea of aluminum forks that don't bend

i know i already said this but the Z6 trans i found at the junkyard was such a lucky find. the things perfect. everything about it is just incredible hah now that i got the taste for 4.058 vs 4.25 fd i want more.. like 4.7

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why can't i edit posts?

It's really hard to find a good s20. The y8 is just fine and less of a gamble imo.
i will cherish my s20 for the rest of my life

i went for a night cruise last night was out for about 2 hours it was the most fun ive had in my car in a long time. i sure have missed 3rd & 4th gear

1 - 17 of 17 Posts