Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
i help a friend to refresh his d15B7 and we want to get 110-120 crank hp, but with 100% OEM honda parts or very close !

What i plant to do ;

stock D15B7 longblock
0.020" head milling ( 0.5mm)
D16Z6 Headgasket
~10:1 CR
D16Z6 Intake Manifold
D16Z6 OEM 4-2-1 manifold
2" Cat suppressor
EG6 OEM 2" catback
D16A6 camshaft or stg1 equivalent ( but this is hard to find in europe ... )

Please let me all know your opinions , would this build be serious enough to get an +15hp goal ?

Ho , and if somebody can confirm that a Z6 HG can be used on a B2/B7 longblock that would be great .

Thank's :)

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
this was my d15b7. 100% stock long block, but this used an ebay header and CAI.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
that also had a bad dizzy. really weak and all connectors were corroded. :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100ft.lbs wow that's 13.8mkg , so all the value is at crank no ?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
You have the right idea! Have you been reading? That would make a lot of us here VERY happy. That build is called a D15Beast7. I'm currently running one but unturned cause I'm still rocking the auto tranny. Do what you posted and get a decent tune and you've met your goal, or come very close to it. Oh yeah, add a D16Y8 can gear to your list. You will need that to correct your timing.

One more thing. Take a bit more off of the head. Take aanyehere from .30-.40 off of the head. You'll like the higher compression.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have the right idea! Have you been reading? That would make a lot of us here VERY happy. That build is called a D15Beast7. I'm currently running one but unturned cause I'm still rocking the auto tranny. Do what you posted and get a decent tune and you've met your goal, or come very close to it. Oh yeah, add a D16Y8 can gear to your list. You will need that to correct your timing.

One more thing. Take a bit more off of the head. Take aanyehere from .30-.40 off of the head. You'll like the higher compression.
I have read something like 75% of this forum , trust me lool.
The fact is that we cannot have a tune , so that's why i dont want to go with a CR Higher than ~10:1 or high spec camshaft . i know that's not the best thing to do but it's imperativ that engine could run with standart 95ron fuel without knock issue or something like that . That's why i want answers from someone who can assess the possibilities according to the requirements .
There is no option available avout tuning or aftermarket parts .
the goal is 110-120 but no matter if we see 108 .
The timing is not a problems i know that issue , having a B2/Z6 minime in my garage .

And that Z6 headgasket fit D15B7 , no problems ?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Mine is untuned and I just fill up with 93 octane. I have slightly bad hearing but from what I can hear on my det can there is no detonation. She runs strong.

I have no dyno experience but I would assume you could slap everything together like I did and it would be very very close to your goal.....or slightly over. I have no interest in synopsis time until I have swapped a 5 speed in the car. My setup is d15b7, head shaved .25", 91 crx si a6 cam, y8 cam gear, z6 intake Mani, Sri, eBay header, bwr test pipe and an apex-i n1 60mm exhaust. From reading alone that is a recipe for 100-120hp but reading is always owned by physics/actual results. So please take what I say with a big old grain of salt. But I would say you will be right on or over.

I could have sworn that somebody on here made slightly over 100hp on a completley stock d15b7 with just a tune......ah, I forgot that's not an option for you.

For what its worth, my setup is 10:1 and runs fine on 93 octane.

PS I hate autocorrect!

Oh yeah, and I was saying that it looks like you've been reading. Compliment, not an insult. You're doing good so far.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank's everyone ! That help a lot .

I still need to know if the D16Z6 headgasket fit the PM3 head as good as it do it with the Z6 one , on my minime engine ... this " oil jet " scares me .

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Yes, the z6 head gasket will fit on your D15B7.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
hell, you dont need anything special to get 100whp d15b7

headshave just to true the surfaces, and you can port the d16z6 intake manifold a little bit.

easiest 100whp ever

and sturdy. the shittastic intake manifold is great for low end torque since it is not worth its weight in aluminum for higher rpm power lol

<cough cough> next to the edelbrock!

·
Registered
65 Posts
yes. it will work fine and tune ecu will improve power.
Mista Bone Do you have a map bin file that Blundel did for your Beats?
i would like to see how agressive he changed maps.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,565 Posts
Somewhere I have the bins, but most of the changes were for part throttle only for better MPG's.

Here is the timing map, mine you I was NOT running 16 BTDC like the chip was set for, more like 20-22 BTDC, on 87 octane with stock compression.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts