Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get a complete list of what all I should do for my 100k tune up. I have about 8,000 to go and I want to start getting all of the parts I'm going to need.

here is the list that I have so far:
plugs/wires (rotor and cap changed at 87k)
timing belt
water pump
oil
coolant
trans fluid
fuel filter
pcv

anything else?
I've heard that I should replace the valve guides and seals. anyone want to comment on this.

thanks

I've tried searching and only come up with timing belt and water pump. I just want to get a complete list to keep my civic going another 100k.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
gonna get a o2 heater CEL if you're using a USDM obd1 ecu.... (unless you disable it in the ROM)

don't forget the alternator and ps belt (and a/c belt if you have it),

check out the boots on the axles (i forgot what they're called... pvc boots??).. if they're cracked or worn, just get replacement reconditioned axles.

check your brake pads for pad thickness and your rotors for scoring. Bleed your brakes with some DOT4 fluid.

check your PS fluid and clutch fluid...

J

·
0 Posts
also if you plan to keep it anoth 100k check your shocks chances are your going to have to replace at least 1 of them.....

And the post about the CV joints is a definate must!

-Juan

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not worried about the o2 sensor. I'm running an o2 sim. for the o2 in the cat. if it goes I'll replace it.

rotors are good, just replace pads a last month.

fluids are all good.

shocks and springs are less than 2 months old.

should I replace the ac, alt, and ps belts? or just check to make sure that they're ok. I'm only worried about the alt belt. I have ac, just rarely use it.

J

·
0 Posts
gftgrill said:
I'm not worried about the o2 sensor. I'm running an o2 sim. for the o2 in the cat. if it goes I'll replace it.

rotors are good, just replace pads a last month.

fluids are all good.

shocks and springs are less than 2 months old.

should I replace the ac, alt, and ps belts? or just check to make sure that they're ok. I'm only worried about the alt belt. I have ac, just rarely use it.
if your going to go ahead and replace the timing belt and water pump, your already in the area, might as well changed them and have no doubts about their integrity....

-juan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts