Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100 shot on stock internals on a d16z6 think it can hold up???......I know i need to upgrade the fuel system but i have b&m fpr, LS injectors, and a 95 eclipse gsx fuel pump anything else i would need????

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
youre talking about a wet shot right?...it might hold it for a little while. ls injectors are still 240cc, and i dont know the stats of the gsx fuel pump

O

·
0 Posts
gsx fuel pump actualyl flows less than the stock honda one. a 10 shot on a stock z6 motor is not going to last long. 85 shot would be easier on it. you'ld need prelude v-tec injectors (310cc is what those are)
and get an after market adjsutable FPR. your stock fuel pump can mroe than handle the flow needed to support a 85 shot. set your fuel pressure to like 48psi and tune from there.

K

·
0 Posts
oscarmayer said:
gsx fuel pump actualyl flows less than the stock honda one. a 10 shot on a stock z6 motor is not going to last long. 85 shot would be easier on it. you'ld need prelude v-tec injectors (310cc is what those are)
and get an after market adjsutable FPR. your stock fuel pump can mroe than handle the flow needed to support a 85 shot. set your fuel pressure to like 48psi and tune from there.
u will need to fine tune this set up but it might blow by the time u get it dialed in right. prelude injectors flow as follows. 92-96 vtec 345cc and 97up r 280cc. before somebody says im wrong i got this info from this site. http://www.beeyondengineering.com/TECH_HELP.html

O

·
0 Posts
actually i talked to RCENG who flow teste several different injecotrs. the 97+ preludes are 310cc
the non-vtech 92-95 models are 285cc.

anyway the point we are tellgin this guy is don't run a 100 shto on a stock motor. 85 shot os pushing it. 75 is really max kinda safest.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
so will my stock 92 cx fuel pump be able to safly push a dry 75 shot from a zex kit? will i need a adjustable fpr, and bigger injectors?.

O

·
0 Posts
yar. don;t get anything voer 310cc as your stock ecu cannot run them.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes its a wet shot and i got the eclipse one cause it flows better then my stock HF one. I have a B&M FPR........so basically 85 shot is what im thinking now....just find some better injectors i guess....when you mean set the fpr at 48 is that with or without vac.??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts