Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A complete D16Z6 w/ DX tranny (boo I know), axles, P28 ecu, wiring harness, and all the odd little bits. Got the little gem sitting in the garage awaiting a surplus of cash so I can get started.

The plan is for around 12:1 CR from OEM Honda parts, through a cam it, and build a nice SOHC that I can beat the hell out of. Im currently looking for some PM7 pistons (any objections?) to start the build. Please chime in with some feedback and positive ideas on how to make some children run screaming

Rich

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
EDIT: i'm a retard...looks like a good project

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
im not sure he is selling it i wondered this myself

·
Registered
255 Posts
um.. hes not selling .. i think he means that wat he spent to get all that ..

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
screw the pm7's, get PDN pistonswith a smaller dome, but higher compression height, and the right valve reliefs for a vtec head. That is, if you're lookin for some uniqeness...

im running PDN pistons on ls rods in an a6 bottom end with stock a6 head. the plan was to put on a y8 head with crower 3 in it, but dont ahve the fundage yet. so honestly, there might be piston/valve interference issues with a vtec head, btu i dunno, since my non vtec head is fine thus far.

you can get 12-13:1 compression with that setup

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
nice wheres mine for a 100 bucks

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Shit thats a fuckin deal for $100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To answer a few questions...

The rear main seal needs replacing, the oil pan has two holes in it, and the car it came from was burning quite a bit of oil. As per usual a leakdown and compression test will be done.

If I can get away without swapping pistons out for the time being, I'll just drop it into an EG (when I find one for cheap enough). The whole project is to see how little cash can be spent and keep it UBER reliable while still having fun of course.

Damn the holidays, they leave no room for budget builds!

Rich

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the lovely DCsport headers have a nice rip (ie long hole) on a couple of runners, just after the collector.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wow $100 cannot be beat for the things you got, even though there probably is damages, you can start rebuilding that D, and make it pretty much brand new again for cheap money.

WOW where do you find these deals? Only in the good ole USA I think :cussing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts