Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
advice questions comments concerns helpful info to help achieve this goal safely this is what i got so far
my ceral build and concerns .. i gave up on vitaras and wanted to do something "out of the norm/current trend" so far this what i got shooting for 350 whp mid-low 12's 1/4 and mid 7's 1/8

QUESTION 1-
is using 91 octane for my horsepower goal with comp high boost 20+ psi and revving to 8.5-9k (only if it breaths till that high) was wondering about water to meth kit

QUESTION 2-
those main bearings on girdle still good? if not i have new ones

QUESTION 3-
anything wrong with my my build so far?

turbo+power adders
ebay fmic 22x6x2.5 flows 550cfm?
precision 1000cc injectors
in tank walbro 255 fuel pump
2.25 IC piping
tuned on s300
2.5 straight pipe to a 2.25 apexi ws2 muffler
halman mbc

MOTOR

BLOCK
srp 10.5:1 pistons std 75mm bore
eagle h-beam rods 3/8 arp 2000 bolts
NEW OEM oil pump/ rear main seal/head gasket
evergreen water pump kit
king bearings std size

HEAD
zex/comp 59300 cam
aem 5 bolt cam gear (for bling)
SOUL_ENGINEERING ported blox intake manifold 60mm tb
mildly ported head (intake/exhaust/bowls)
ferrea flat faced valves 5000 series
supertech valve springs

Traction+suspension
innovate 75a mounts (black) with energy inserts torque mounts
jib fab traction bar
blox front camber kit + sbc rear camber kit
blox lcas + ramsin subframe brace 22mm rear sway bar 21mm front sway bar

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
764 Posts
You never commented on the hotside CM housing you plan on using. May consider using a 20G with a smaller hotside if you really plan on turning that many RPM's.

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the Greedy kit only so you can stay CARB legal?
pretty much SO-CAL is the worst place for modified cars and especially san diego county these cops hate hondas will pull you over for any thing . but yeah the only greddy things i have on kit is the manifold and downpipe elbow and the 18g not 15 i know its a big restriction but i dont want to get this car taken away like my last.

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
turbo is said to flow around 600cfms at 16-18 psi thats at efficenecy (only using this turbo to stay carb "legal") cant find a flow chart any where. So if i mess housing with it its pretty much not legal at all . so far my whole kit looks somewhat legal and all greddy BOV hidden under front bumper right after FMIC.

COMPRESSOR turbine

Inducer Exducer inducer exducer
Diameter diameter
in/mm
1.99"/50.5mm 2.68/68mm 1.93"/49mm 2.20"/56mm

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well answer this. If you took a carb legal turbo (even 15G) and opened it up and upgraded it to 20G would it not be legal? Basically it will look 100% just like the 18G but it will have a larger compressor.

I don't understand why you say 18G? Is there a 18G Greddy kit? I am asking because the 15G is TD04 and the 18G is a TD05. Different famailies.

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
didnt the 18G come on the B series greddy kit?

this --- i originally bought a blown 18g with elbow from a guy thinking i was going to put a gsr in my hatch and later down the road bought the manifold for sohc . the big 16g 550 cfm is around 550 and 20g is supposidly 650 cfm if i recall correctly so the 18g should be along those lines of middle. IF im wrong its - 100 from all valuesi was thinking churchs/bisi/ for tune i recntly went to bubba at do it dyno wasnt really happy with what he did was basiclly a street tune for $250

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well answer this. If you took a carb legal turbo (even 15G) and opened it up and upgraded it to 20G would it not be legal? Basically it will look 100% just like the 18G but it will have a larger compressor.

I don't understand why you say 18G? Is there a 18G Greddy kit? I am asking because the 15G is TD04 and the 18G is a TD05. Different famailies.
i just am kind of on budget but yeah i know what u mean by porting/boring it out to accommodate a 20g wheel i thouht you meant switch whole housing .

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am also wondering how you are going to run a 18G turbo with a kit designed to run a 15G. They are to completely different classes of turbos. Unless you don't think the smog Hitler is going to catch on to it.

There is a big difference between a 15G and 18G.

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am also wondering how you are going to run a 18G turbo with a kit designed to run a 15G. They are to completely different classes of turbos. Unless you don't think the smog Hitler is going to catch on to it.

There is a big difference between a 15G and 18G.

to clafiry it just needs to look smog legal lol. i get pulled over quite a bit i look like a :chinese: hoodlum i guess so i will play stupid + i have carb stickers and other things to aid me in my defense lol :greddy: kit

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
so i will play stupid + i have carb stickers and other things to aid me in my defense lol :greddy: kit
This is a stupid statement. Youd be better off KNOWING the laws instead of playing dumb and hoping you get off. CHP can write you a 27156.a ticket which is removal of smog equipment which will effectively remove your vehicle from the road ways. And when you take it to court the judge will tell you this is a NON fixable ticket. So again know your laws. ie; 27156.a states you CAN move your vehicle to and from the place of repair. AND if you have your vehicle repair and REF'd BEFORE you go to court chances are the judge will only charge you with a $10 processing fee. Ive been through it.

check this out fyi: V C Section 27156 Gross Polluter Air Pollution Control Device

1 - 20 of 76 Posts