Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what plugs and how many steps colder, people with higher compression setups are using.

A nd also whats the bad if you use plugs that are too cold. I've been useing ngks that are 2 steps colder for my 10.7:1 minime, but think those are too cold.

All input welcome but i would like too here from some folks with experience.

Thanks! :gir:

·
Registered
85 Posts
im using some double platinum (forget what brand) for a hx with my y5/z6 combo. they are one step colder with 10.1;1 comp ratio

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
im using denso iridiums. stock spec. on my z6/b7 and no sign of detonation yet.

D

·
0 Posts
Didn't get to the plugs yet, but installed ngk iridiums about three weeks ago and think they are way better than any other plug I've had. Hoping the 1step colders will be real nice. I got a q though. If I'm running a colder plug can I run it a little leaner.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yes, you can run a colder plug, but it all depends on what you mean by lean, just a little or running lean and mean, any plug after a while could melt due to very lean conditions, but I personally havent damaged the plug by leaning it out yet. I'd do regular checks on the plugs to see if they burn up or get other damage from running lean.

D

·
0 Posts
No, I just mean being able to lean it out slightly for a little more power. Also my logic was that if the plug is colder then I can raise the ign. temp accordingly.

Y

·
0 Posts
hate to whore ur thread dude but i need to knw something about this also.

alrighty guys if i am building a b7/z6 minie me with dohc zc pistons, what spark plug should i use? i work at napa and our book doesnt show an irrdium for the z6,

please help

sorry about the jack man

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DontSaveHer said:
My bkr7e and bcpr7es will be in tuesday at O-nappys
are those 2 step? whats your compression

C

·
0 Posts
On my b2/y8 combo I'm using ZFR6F-11 NGK Coppers. Those are 1 step colder than stock.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
ekny8 said:
so thats no steps colder? nice setup btw, any numbers from it?
Yes, no steps colder... Found the recommendation in the thread "building a powerful street NA d16y8/z6", written by builthatch.
Due to the fact that the weather around here never surpasses 30 degrees celsius, I went for those plugs, and not those that are one step colder.

I haven't gotten to dyno the setup yet, and therefore my ignition map is currently stock.
I'm hoping to get a good tune, and some numbers on it some time during this year, but money is an issue... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts