Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im having trouble getting past 100mph. my exceleration isnt the greatest but its ok when i get to 100mph it just wont move any more its like i let off or something but really its to the floor . i would like to know if its just the motor i have or if there is something wrong with my car. either way i would like to fix it so if there is anyone who has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it . i just recently bought this car and it is my first import so i am not at all familiar with them . but so far my mods are cold air,exaust,act lightwieght flywheel,stg 1 exedy clutch. i dont know if these would make a difference in why this probblem exists.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well like i said it excelerates fairly dacent and it does all they way up till 100mph and the it just stops

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Honda4VW said:
On the Autobahn!!! AKA RT 95
damn right!!! i was up there a couple weeks ago

something wrong with the motor definitely.....

btw jimmy... says he has a stage 1 clutch so i hope he has a manual trans :beer:

·
Registered
97 Civic CX Hatch
836 Posts
Are you trying to get there in 4th or 5th? I had this problem on the Autobahn (yes, the REAL autobahn) with my Y7...I could get right up to the speed limiter (118mph) and stay there while I was in 4th, but as soon as I would shift to 5th, it was like I hit the brakes, and the speed would drop to around 100, and wouldn't go any faster.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
that slow?????

I busted 145-150 mph on a 65 shot!!!!!!

Like I really had time to look closely......but was at 6500 rpm in 5th :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts