Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, my 90 hatch is running a b7 block right now. if i want to run a different bock like an a6 or z6 etc... do i need to do anything special. I want to just rebuild stock right now then upgrade later on so i at least have a running car. any help is appreciated. thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
block doesn't matter. keep the stock head and done.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
If you decide to swap to a d16a6 block, you CANNOT reuse your factory 1.5 liter exhaust manifolds.

Most aftermarket headers and especially the crap china ebay ehaders, will already have clearance for the blocks though

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Its only an issue with honda oem 1.5 liter exhaust manifolds/pipes

I have in past put a factory d16z6 manifold on a d15b7 and had it hang lower, but Ive also tried putting an old d15b2 manifold on my d16y7 and had it barely touching the oil pan. This was mostly a test fit, as I had gotten my civic with the Y7 and its notorious manifold cracked to oblivion.

Nothing an ebay header cannot fix for those who want to go that route. Im done with ebay header fitment issues though.

KEEP IN MIND. my 1.5 liter honda manifold and piping may or may not have been bent or something. Its very possible, as no one I know of will ever buy a brand new honda 1.5 liter manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts