Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,,
someone told me that 1.5 L engine cannot fight 1.6 L engine especially in TORQUE with the same bore, same spec.,same vtec head... the different only its stroke absolutely

is it absolutely true ?
how if i still wanna use my d15 block... cant i fight d16

·
Potato salad!
93 Civic HB DX
298 Posts
It's not that simple. There are so many varieties of 1.5 and 1.6 SOHC available. A d15 can be built up just like a 1.6 with nearly the same parts. What exact model do you have now? What are your goals?

I used to have a d15b and picked up a d16z6. In that case the difference is negligible. The hp is the same, but the d16z6 has 2lbs of torque greater.

·
Potato salad!
93 Civic HB DX
298 Posts
if your going to be building it, it wouldnt really matter if you have a d15 or d16, i think it would be all on the way you tune it...
That's pretty much true. There's another guy on this board with an almost identical setup to my d15b. I was pushing around 230hp and his was 250hp.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
A tenth more displacement won't matter. Drive both and let me know if you can even feel the difference.
will do once the jdm d15b swap is done :)

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I think the increase in displacement between the two is negligible, its more of where do you want the power. The D16 will always have more low due to it's larger stroke, while their peak HP can probably be about the same. It's also easier to get a higher CR with the D16. I'd say it's more of a build what you got(as stated before, if you're going to build it up, it wouldn't matter much).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.