Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't to sure where to post this. Heres the problem i just picked up a daily driver for my wife. Its a 91 Civic Dx hatch but the rings are bad and it smokes. So my question is can i just swap the 1.5 block with my 1.6 block i already have? Im not going for no power or anything like that just an a to b car..

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
with the y series i doubt it because i think the oil jet is in the head for them all...

if it was an a6 the head would just bolt on, if it was a z6 u would have to install an oil jet... but y7/8/5 etc im not sure about

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shucks which block would i be able to use? I really don't wanna haf to go thru wiring up the mpfi and all that other stuff that comes along with a newer motor in my old 4th gen

·
Registered
605 Posts
yea comp will be low like 8.5:1 low, if you do that make sure you put an oil orifice jet on the block if needed, just keep that in mind.. but who knows the b18b1 ls motor has low comp with a nice tq #

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
BoogiepopJDM said:
yea comp will be low like 8.5:1 low, if you do that make sure you put an oil orifice jet on the block if needed, just keep that in mind.. but who knows the b18b1 ls motor has low comp with a nice tq #
9.52:1 1.8l with 89mm stroke 137mm rods....

where do u think the torque comes from?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts