Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first off, let me just say, that the minute i got home from the track the search began to find me some smaller wheels and ordered up some drag radials. i know that was a hugeeee setback for me. now heres my setup

all stock internals d16y8
garrett t3/t04e 57 trim on 8psi
ebay ramhorn rewelded by me
2.5" dp with cutout -> 2.5" all the way back
dsm 450cc
walbro 255
17" motegi dv-5 (21lbs) with kuhmo ecsta ast at 26psi
tuned by me on crome, never been to a dyno
act 6 puck unsprung
act prolite flywheel (9 lbs?)
stock wires with ngk bk7re @ .028
skunk2 coilover sleeves on kyb agx shocks
car is full weight with 1/2 tank of gas so somewhere around 2600 lbs

time slip

R/T....... .600
60'......... 2.574
330........ 6.541
1/8......... 9.679
MPH........ 79.10
1000....... 12.336
1/4......... 14.601
MPH........ 99.55

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
with slicks, you must shave at least one second of your time

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I ran about 14.2 at 105 my fastest time at the track with a z6 on 16psi out of a t04e 50 trim ebay turbo. i spun so hard in first and second i wouldnt even launch even in third gear it was getting squirrly.

my major problem was that i needed a good traction bar new suspension mounts and tires so that i could actually catch traction, i had plenty of power to make it down the track.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran about 14.2 at 105 my fastest time at the track with a z6 on 16psi out of a t04e 50 trim ebay turbo. i spun so hard in first and second i wouldnt even launch even in third gear it was getting squirrly.

my major problem was that i needed a good traction bar new suspension mounts and tires so that i could actually catch traction, i had plenty of power to make it down the track.
Rt looks good just get the 60s down def with smaller tires or as mentioned aboved slicks and you'll be in 13s imo

yeah definitely need the 60' times down... first was basically useless. i set my anti-lag down to 4000 rpms and with only a couple psi. im pretty happy since i know the power is there i just need to put it down. i think its all in my tires. i dont get any hop at the right rpms, i have energy suspension torque mount inserts.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
1) 60ft LOL GET THAT DOWN!!!! shoot for sub 2sec. at first, then 1.8, 1.6 If possible
2) Slicks those will help handle grip issues!
3) you need more stick time? experience will help with the above!
4) LSD, invest in one if your gunna keep hitting the track
5) RT, you could gain take .2, .3 off with practice

Your last 1/8th mile took you 6 seconds, vs the first took 9.6. Your top end is pretty stong, just gotta nail that launch, and mitigate those traction problems :)

You sound like you got a good handle on what to do from here though, keep at it!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1) 60ft LOL GET THAT DOWN!!!! shoot for sub 2sec. at first, then 1.8, 1.6 If possible
2) Slicks those will help handle grip issues!
3) you need more stick time? experience will help with the above!
4) LSD, invest in one if your gunna keep hitting the track
5) RT, you could gain take .2, .3 off with practice

Your last 1/8th mile took you 6 seconds, vs the first took 9.6. Your top end is pretty stong, just gotta nail that launch, and mitigate those traction problems :)

You sound like you got a good handle on what to do from here though, keep at it!
thanks dude! yeah hopefully lsd will be coming soon with the build this summer. R/T's i was pretty happy with since it was my first time and i was nervous as hell haha. But I am always setting my bar higher, trying to improve everything i can! thanks again for the input =)

·
Registered
487 Posts
That 60' is what's killing your time. Lower that and you'll start to see some results.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Going to the track with a boosted honda and no slicks makes for bad times lol. Get some slicks, no excuses. If you want to go fast you need them! lol

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
You could 2.0 60' with a good launch. Neo gens are nice for a street tire at the track. Then tune the timing to get the mph up. If you can hit 100mph or more every run 13.9-13.6 is in your future with some good driviing

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
i ran very similar when i hit the strip a few weeks ago, it was also my first time, i ran a 14.6 on stock rims and tires, with a worn out clutch, ive got a z6 on 7psi dynoed around 200 whp. Im in a full weight del sol so im also pretty heavy. I just got new 15x8 rims with falken 512's so that problem should be takin care off now im working on getting an ACT street disc and HD pressure plate and well see what happens, im hoping for mid 13's once i get some experience.

EDIT: my time slip

RT- .865
60'- 2.408
330- 6.398
1/8- 9.614
mph- 78.10
1000- 12.325
1/4- 14.612
mph- 98.98

I am obviously a horrible driver LOL

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could 2.0 60' with a good launch. Neo gens are nice for a street tire at the track. Then tune the timing to get the mph up. If you can hit 100mph or more every run 13.9-13.6 is in your future with some good driviing
i saw the neo gens and i really like the price! lol, i am seeing some pretty good reviews out of the dunlop dirreza star specs though, im leaning towards those unless someone has some other input... i dont think slicks will be on for this season because my funds are running low after my investment into my engine build.
i ran very similar when i hit the strip a few weeks ago, it was also my first time, i ran a 14.6 on stock rims and tires, with a worn out clutch, ive got a z6 on 7psi dynoed around 200 whp. Im in a full weight del sol so im also pretty heavy. I just got new 15x8 rims with falken 512's so that problem should be takin care off now im working on getting an ACT street disc and HD pressure plate and well see what happens, im hoping for mid 13's once i get some experience.

EDIT: my time slip

RT- .865
60'- 2.408
330- 6.398
1/8- 9.614
mph- 78.10
1000- 12.325
1/4- 14.612
mph- 98.98

I am obviously a horrible driver LOL
cool man! im glad to hear my numbers are actually close to someones setup who was actually dyno tuned haha. looks like me and you are on the same page here... oh and dont call yourself a horrible driver because then your calling me a horrible driver too! hahaha

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
1) 5) RT, you could gain take .2, .3 off with practice
I don't know if you know or I'm just reading it wrong, but the RT isn't added to the 1/4 ET, you can have a .150 RT, just as long as you get good practice. The only time RT really matters is if you are actually racing someone else.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if you know or I'm just reading it wrong, but the RT isn't added to the 1/4 ET, you can have a .150 RT, just as long as you get good practice. The only time RT really matters is if you are actually racing someone else.
yeah thats a good point, i was aware that R/T's dont matter unless your heads up, or bracket racing correct?

·
Registered
26 Posts
full weight ej8 chassis, donut still in the trunk ;) lol
2483lbs dry+ 175lbs(me)+ 40lbs(gas) = 2698 lbs +/-
:bigok:
doing my run in may, got so much left to sort out on the car... gonna run some MA-Z1's 205 45 16...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Right, thats kind of what I was implying, just general tips to help be competitive:)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
full weight ej8 chassis, donut still in the trunk ;) lol
2483lbs dry+ 175lbs(me)+ 40lbs(gas) = 2698 lbs +/-
have you actually weighed the car? i weighed my 98 ej8 and with me in it (135lbs) it was 2890lbs. these cars are heavier than everyone thinks.

i'm seriously considering going with a 92-95 hatch, its worth atleast .5 on the et in STOCK form.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts