Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Keepin it real since 1984
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have this project Eg and i live near SoKo (Engine Importers) i was looking into doing a ZC 1.6 SOHC Vtec (they do make em'), BUT come to find out the Dohc Zc and the Sohc Vtec 1.6 Zc are gonna be pretty much the same price... can any one point me in the right direction for any kind of instructions on swapping a Dx - Dohc Zc?
i would be thankful for any help!

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
Ive got one in a del sol. its a straight forward swap. HMOTORSONLINE.com has them, you have to call they arent listed on the web site. My advice to you is make sure you purchase the ECU that goes with it, and try and get the LSD tranny as well....Other than that its plug and play......Use your stock wiring harness, but your stock ECU isnt that great of an idea. Change the timing belt, use the one from a 90 prelude Si. CAm seals if you need them are the same as a del sol B16. Trust me the ECU is the key to making this swap worth it, without that ecu the engine sucks!!

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hondajosh said:
Ive got one in a del sol. its a straight forward swap. HMOTORSONLINE.com has them, you have to call they arent listed on the web site. My advice to you is make sure you purchase the ECU that goes with it, and try and get the LSD tranny as well....Other than that its plug and play......Use your stock wiring harness, but your stock ECU isnt that great of an idea. Change the timing belt, use the one from a 90 prelude Si. CAm seals if you need them are the same as a del sol B16. Trust me the ECU is the key to making this swap worth it, without that ecu the engine sucks!!
i can use the stock Dx wiring harness? or am i better off with an Ex harness? i'm planing on running aP28 chipped w/ chrome, it's gonna be turbo'd! i was just gonna pick up the long block since i have a Z6 tranny already.

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hondajosh said:
why the p28? its a non vtec engine, just get the right ecu and use your harness
i plan on turboing it and chipping the ecu w/ chrome...

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hondajosh said:
So why not run the ZC ecu, then chip it when you turbo...
i dunno, i kinda just figured i'd pick up the long block and them pick up a p28 later... i didnt know you could chip the Dohc Zc ecus...

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
sorry to threadjack, but this question relates to u 2,

does the stock motor mounts for the EG/93-95 Del Sol engine mounts work on the DOHC ZC?

Dont forget to get the proper length axles... I think it's a mix/match on either side.

·
0 Posts
Dont mean to thread jack but I dont want to start another thread.

So from what I gather, the ZC swaps right in plug for plug into and EG correct? The one im using was OBD0 I was building it in my EF so that why Im keeping it and wanting to put it in my EG I have the mounts for the EG and OBD1 ZC diztributor. My question is regarding the IM, will an OBD0 one work as long as I use my CX injectors or are they too small? I have the firewall mounted map sensor as well. Will my stock P05 get the car running to driveable conditions? I will chip it with a P29 PROM as soon as I swap I just need to make sure the car will actually start with the stock P05. Ive got the si tranny as well so its pretty much all ready to go minus the manifold I just want to confirm everything first.

·
94 Integra/06 Harley
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MiloReaper87 said:
Yeah there is a ZC SOHC and the DOHC but not sure how to help u DAN
lol, at least you tryed man!

so are you all having good luck with the Dohc ZC or No?

R

·
0 Posts
well u can also use a p75 computer which i am using in my car..it works i need a new one because i blew my ecu because i crossed the tpc sensor so yeah

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
if this helps at al ive got a sohc zc vtec in my cx eg running a p28 with an ex tranny, runs pretty good
previous owner did the swap so i dont have all the info on wiring but if you cant figure it out i can try n get ahold of the guy

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
HMM i hit the good stuff

whitey_4g said:
lol, at least you tryed man!

so are you all having good luck with the Dohc ZC or No?
The hell with that im looking for a swap on my new Si hehehe u know Brandon old Civic or hoopty:alky:

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
wow.. thers alot of confusing questions in here.. i just recently did the obd1 dohc zc swap in my 92 cx hatch.. if anybody has anyquestions feel free to pm me i will help out as much as possible.. im using the obd1 dohc zc hydr zc tranny with halfshaft.... the right computer to get would be the p29... they are very hard to find.. i got very lucky and bought mine from a guy on thezcr forums for 60 shipped.. its in excellent condition.. i was happy but you can chip anycomputer to the p29 specs.. id just get the cheapest one like the p05 cx computer since the p29 specs only use 1 wire o2 anyway...

the motor is a direct swap with an ex tranny.. use the axles for the car and use the dx wiring harness.. or the cx wiring harness would be better since u only need the 1 wire o2 sensor wire anyway.. it wont look like crap like mine.. i am using the ex harness.. (the only spare i had) so i have the vtec pressure switch sensor and solinoid plugs there.. and i have my 1 wire o2 soldered in with the 3 wires sitting there..kinda ghetto .. just use teh cx harness

Z

·
0 Posts
the dohc and sohc zc's are all plug and play. Look at your O2 sensor and the map sensor. If the map is on the fire wall get an engine with it on the fire wall'if your o2 is 1 wire get an engine with one wire. try to get the ecu or chip it to what ever you need to to turbo it. there are seveal zc's to look for the 1st gen brown top(88 89)integra, the 2nd black top(88 91)obd0,and the 3rd black top obd1 (92 95). the sohc is for the 88 to 95 civic. it has vtec or non vtec. All d series parts are interchangable so you oppsones are great. Just look a round. I have the obd1 dohc zc with a t25 turbo and i had no problem with the install. If you need any more help let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey siregcivic what axles are you using with the zc tranny. i have a 94 si hatch and my tranny is gettin bad. my bro friend said he got a zc dohc tranny and he would sell it for cheap. only thing is he dont have the halfshaft thing. but i think u can use the one from 89 integra rite? i need to know what i need to make it work. the motor is still gonna be the sohc vtec.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
i had to make custom axles.. you can buy them from raxles.comi gues there kinda expensive... i bought 2 ride side axles for my car.. the civic 1 drivers side 94-01 integra axle and 1 passanger side 88-89 acura integra axle

its kinda a pain in the ass to make them if u dont know what ur doing.. if u live in cali somewhere near socal i can help you out.. but what u have to do is take the inner cups that go into the transmission off the integra axles and put them on the civic axles it takes me about 30 minutes to do it and put them on

if u want u can pm me and i will show u the pictrues actually i did a write up on how to make them search for it... how to put a zc tranny in 92-00 civic

1 - 20 of 61 Posts